Reaction score
Credits
Hi i just installed kali linux few days ago and
when i type iwconfig it only show lo.
I’m in dual boot

Hi i just installed kali linux few days ago and
when i type iwconfig it only show lo.
I’m in dual boot
Hey dude! Stoked to hear that you’ve installed Kali Linux! Let’s see if I can help you with your issue.

So, if ‘iwconfig’ command only shows ‘lo’, it means that your network adapter is not being recognized. Have you checked if your network adapter shows up in the output of the command ‘ifconfig’? If not, try running the command ‘lspci’ to see if your network adapter is being recognized by your system.

If it is not being recognized, then you might need to install the appropriate driver for your network adapter. Also check to see if the hardware switch for the network adapter is turned on.

Let me know if this was helpful or if you need further assistance!

That's refreshing. I usually see the new Kali users getting crucified by people for even saying Kali outloud. "move fast and break stuff" that's how we learned and when it breaks we'll be here to help.

I managed to solve the problem in another way ty anyways!!
Hello, may I ask how did you solve this? I am having the same issue with my Laptop and Kali Linux, I am not using dual boot though, it is just running inside Windows at the same time (I think it is called Virtual Machine), I wonder if that has anything to do.

If you are using a VM/VB then your connection to the internet is via a BRIDGE to the main OS

Members online