A VR media player for Linux... no, not that easy!

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
I know what you were gonna say - "Just use VLC or a whole slew of other programs that work really well on Linux..."

Well its not that easy, here is why:

Before my hard drive croaked, I had an installation of windows which I used for the sole purpose of using VR (since prior switching to Linux I bought one of the very few devices that are entirely incompatible with Linux). And once it did, well, I am in no hurry to get that "questionable" os installed on my pc again.

Fortunately, I was able to salvage my extensive library of VR media. As you may well know, these in 180/360 SBS or OU forms, meaning there are two images that need to be "overlapped" or "combined" or whatever the proper term is, in order to produce a sufficiently precise image.

What I am looking for is a program equivalent of watching said content online in a browser, where you basically see one image interposed from the SBS or OU format, allowing you to shift the camera just by dragging the mouse.

DuckDuckGo has failed to produce results to my inquiry so I'm hoping there is someone here who had a similar predicament to point me in the right direction. Its not that big of a deal, only something to make it work while I get around to buying another hard drive and getting VR going again.

Members online