Audio Enhancer

UpNorth

Reaction score
Credits
I'm looking for a free audio enhancer. I used DFX on my Windows computer and really miss it. I looked through the software manager and installed PulseAudio Equalizer, but it wouldn't launch. Anything else?

Give PulseEffects a try

Software Manager.

Lots of choices.

At least you can just tick/untick each box to try them out

After installing it...type PulseEffects into the menu

A lot of the apps there don't repond to clicking on 'Launch'

1708148536367.png

Thanks, trying it out and I like it! I didn't realize the launch button doesn't always work from the manager, so that is very helpful. I can't tell you how many programs I've removed because I didn't think they worked.

Now for the dumb noob question - what do you mean by tick/untick each box to try it out? Do you mean I can test them out before installing?

I just installed it myself.

How it "cooperates" with my music player I have zero idea

So I guess I will tick and untick some of the boxes until I hear some sound that I like...!

Note that the three horizontal lines up th top just beside the preset has more options!.....

I guess when it sounds good I will give it a name (no idea how yet) and save it as a preset....so I dont have to do whole thing again

my music player/organiser is DeadBeef (also in Software Manager)

Oh, OK. I thought you meant tick/untick the boxes in the software manager. Yeah, I haven't figured that part out yet. But it definitely boosted the sound. DFX had this nice little equalizer and some basic settings and it was very easy to use.