Cannot boot linux on new LG laptop

Try again with Balena Etcher. Rufus has caused issues with a number of folks lately.

Also, before you write the .iso to the USB drive, be sure to verify it.

Try again with Balena Etcher. Rufus has caused issues with a number of folks lately.

Also, before you write the .iso to the USB drive, be sure to verify it.
Sensational!!! It worked!!! Man you hitted it.
Have to say that I restarted from Windows 10 after using Balena for burning a Linux Mint iso, and then failed. But I insisted on getting into Bios a last time to enable legacy and check that Secure Boot was disabled and the boot order was usb 1st place. Then... appeared grub menu offering me to start linux. Yess.
I will test more times soon.

Glad you got it sorted. Rufus and UNetbootin are two that I recommend folks avoid for the time being. They've both had show-stopping bugs in the recent past and you're better off avoiding either of them.

Glad you got it sorted. Rufus and UNetbootin are two that I recommend folks avoid for the time being. They've both had show-stopping bugs in the recent past and you're better off avoiding either of them.
But now, another thing.. I installed Linux but after restarted the system and no grub appeared, Windows started alone.

I'd boot to the live USB, install grub-repair, run it, and then you're usually safe to use the recommended repair option.

I'd boot to the live USB, install grub-repair, run it, and then you're usually safe to use the recommended repair option.
Well i did it so. But the grub didn't appear and again windows started alone. Its frustrating. I am still waiting LG support.
By my own I investigate the bios manufacturer insydeh20.https://www.insyde.com/products

Wait, it's called 'boot-repair'. My bad. I was drinking wine yesterday.

Start a live USB, install boot-repair, run it, and use the proposed fix. It's automatic proposed fixes usually work unless you've got a really complicated setup. If you're using a Debian/Ubuntu/Mint then it's just 'sudo apt install boot-repair' and then run it.

If that doesn't work, repeat the process and this time post the info that it offers to post for forum use.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts