Changed the monitor cable, now it won't go to sleep.

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
Yeah, this happened. Because I couldn't get 1440p 144Hz from my cheap-ass HDMI cable, I bought a high quality display port cable.

Let me tell you, it was quite an effort to get it plugged in, you see, I have a vesa wall mount that was blocking the socket on the monitor so I had to some fine surgery to excise a hol... who am I kidding, I went medieval on the bastard and cut a slit out with an angle grinder, but anyways, I digress...

You can immediately tell the difference - more vivid colors, better responsiveness, and most importantly - full frame rate. But its not all sunshine and rainbows. I have my pc set to power down the screen after 10 minutes of inactivity. When that happens, the monitor is supposed to go to "standby mode", essentially shutting itself down until it receives a signal from the pc... but it doesn't.

Screen goes black, but the backlight stays on. No loss of signal reported by the monitor. At the moment, I am powering it down manually, but what could be the reason for this... uhm... lack of... loss of signal?

Members online