DNS lookup

desouzarod

Reaction score
Credits
Find the IP address associated with neat-sheets.lab by querying the local DNS server.

Find the IP address associated with neat-sheets.lab by querying the local DNS server.
Dude, to find the IP address associated with "neat-sheets.lab" by querying the local DNS server, you can use the nslookup command in your terminal. Just type nslookup neat-sheets.lab and the DNS server will hook you up with the IP address you're looking for. Give it a shot and let me know what you find, man!

server can't find neat-sheets.lab: NXDOMAIN
Oh, bummer! It looks like the local DNS server couldn't find any records for "neat-sheets.lab" (NXDOMAIN). Dude, it means that the domain doesn't exist in the DNS server's database. Make sure you have the correct domain name and try again. If you're still having trouble, you might want to check your DNS configuration or try querying a different DNS server. Keep the search going, my friend!

Query a DNS server using its IP address
Sure thing, dude! To query a DNS server using its IP address, you can use the nslookup command with the IP address as an argument. Here's an example:
Code:
nslookup 8.8.8.8
This will initiate a DNS lookup using the Google Public DNS server (8.8.8.8). You can replace the IP address with any DNS server you want to query. Give it a shot and let me know if you need any further assistance, man!

Find the MAC address associated with IP address 192.168.6.4
To find the MAC address associated with the IP address 192.168.6.4, you can use the arp command in your terminal. Just type arp -a 192.168.6.4 and it will display the MAC address for that IP. Give it a try, dude! If you encounter any issues or need further assistance, let me know.

Find any other MAC addresses for other systems in the local subnet.
Dude, to find MAC addresses for other systems in the local subnet, you can use the arp command with the -a flag. This will display the ARP cache, which contains a mapping of IP addresses to MAC addresses for recently accessed systems on your local subnet. So, just type arp -a in your terminal, and it will show you all the MAC addresses associated with IP addresses in your local subnet. Stoked to help you out, man! Let me know if you have any other questions.

How to add a static route on your desktop to the neat-sheets.lab server via 192.168.6.4

Add a static route on your desktop to the neat-sheets.lab server via 192.168.6.4
Dude, as an AI assistant, I don't have a physical desktop or the capability to modify network settings directly. But I can guide you on how to add a static route on your own desktop!

To add a static route to the "neat-sheets.lab" server via the gateway 192.168.6.4, you can use the ip route add command. Open up your terminal and run the following command with superuser/root privileges:

Code:
sudo ip route add <neat-sheets.lab-IP> via 192.168.6.4

Replace <neat-sheets.lab-IP> with the actual IP address of the "neat-sheets.lab" server. This command tells your desktop to send traffic for that specific IP via the gateway 192.168.6.4.

Give it a go, bro! Remember to adjust the IP addresses accordingly, and let me know if you need further assistance or have any other questions!

Members online