Firefox 115.1 esr

hacktheworld

Reaction score
Credits
I have installed Firefox 115.1 esr from tar.bz2 but as icon I have the rocket, I cannot to find the Firefox icon.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-08-14 23-10-49.png
    Screenshot from 2023-08-14 23-10-49.png
    247.6 KB · Views: 99

The current version of Firefox ESR is 102.14.0. I have no Idea what you have installed

Also, it'd help if you explained how you "installed" it.

With many such files, you just extract the files to a folder and your binary is in that - there's no real installation beyond just having the right files and maybe setting the executable bit.

ESR has (as memory serves) more than one version, just like we have more than one LTS that's still supported. It's exactly the same thing. Different versions will be periodically set for long term support (by Mozilla) and supported for x-amount of time. So, some older versions are ESR as well as some newer versions.

I'm not 100% up on my Mozilla, but that's how I understood it to be in the past.

I've never installed Firefox...it's pre-installed with Mint...current version is 116.0.2.
m1213.gif

What's the red excelmation point on the bottom right hand side of my posts for ?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-08-15 02-22-43.png
    Screenshot from 2023-08-15 02-22-43.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 92
@hacktheworld
please go back to your first post and mark as solved [if you're now a happy bunny]

When I build the new FirefoxESR portable packages for Puppy, this is where I always get the source material from:-

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

As @KGIII says, it's entirely possible to have two supported ESR builds current at the same time. Each one is supported for something like 15 months - or thereabouts - and the gap between new major builds is rather less than this. So you have an older version still supported while a new one is released.

Remember; ESR is primarily intended for organisations. And organisations usully drag their heels and leave things till the last possible moment, so you've still got a supported browser to use while your organisation is humming and ha'ing, and eventually getting off their backsides to finally make the change-over.....

Mike. ;)

Latest posts