Firefox 89 has been released.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

By coincidence (?) my Mozilla Thunderbird updated from the 68.x series to 78.8.1 this morning. This is on Ubuntu-based Zorin OS Lite. I haven't seen any reports in tech news regarding this being pushed out. The 78.x series has been out for a good while, with some major changes that may break your add-ons. I only use one add-on (manually sort folders) and it seems okay.

EDIT: I neglected to say that this Zorin Lite has not got the new Firefox yet. Still 88.0.1.

Last edited:
PCLinuxOS updated to Firefox 89 and I've got to tell ya it's different but it seems to work OK.

I disable the hardware acceleration because it caused some issues streaming youtube videos.

Last edited:
I have received updates to both Thunderbird and Fire fox in the last 36 hrs,seems ok at the moment

Bwiz

Had to grab it from Experimental as it hasn't made its way into Debian Unstable.
firefox:
Installed: 89.0-2
Candidate: 89.0-2

Thunderbird:
Installed: 1:88.0~b2-1
Candidate: 1:88.0~b2-1

2021-06-03_03-18.png

None of my buntu base distros have received the Firefox 89 update however Ubuntu has always been a few days behind the Firefox update so it should be coming about shortly.

I have 89 on Lubuntu. Which means it should be the same for Ubuntu.

But, it depends... Some updates are rolled out instead of just dropped and some mirrors take a while to sync with the Ubuntu mirrors.

You can check here:

I'll wait till it comes about as an official update as I'm in no hurry.

Code:
[2021-06-02T01:10:22+0200] [ALPM] upgraded firefox (88.0.1-1 -> 89.0-1)

Members online