Garbage-ware

I would name GNOME Shell and KDE after 3.5 (4, 5), they are sooo bloated, crash way too much and are designed for grandmothers and hipsters. Ubuntu Software Centre (slow and unstable), Ubuntu Unity (from 2011 and towards Mir), Zeitgeist, PulseAudio, Avahi (absolutely useless for 99% of people, but is included pretty much everywhere), udev and, of course, systemd (okay, simply grab everything from Poettering and Sievers and it will be garbage-ware). Also I see absolutely no use in display managers and Plymouth boot screen. Abiword when it became a GTK+3 application. OS X interface (Aqua its name I believe), OS X at all I would say but it's not really relevant.

But at all it's actually really hard to find something poorly written in open source community.

My 0.02
Hey, I LIKE KDE..... :D But, I do agree, it's best not to run it on older Computers..... But C'mon man, the Wobbly Windows!..... :3 I LOVE those Wobbly Windows!!..... :D (Wobbly wobbly, jiggly joggily..... :3)

Yeah, we could really use some Unity for once..... :( (See what I did there.....? :))
Yes we do. :) But unfortunately I don't see any possibility of that happening until election day. ;) I really like to have my country back because I miss it really bad.

Yes we do. :) But unfortunately I don't see any possibility of that happening until election day. ;) I really like to have my country back because I miss it really bad.
Well..... I believe a Founding Father once said: "Where Liberty is, there is my Country."..... That, and the Linux Community is a pretty good example of that..... :3 Plus, if you and *I* are friends, then that's a step..... ;)

Members online

Latest posts