Solved Getting Started I Hope.

Solved issue

EzA2cVF.gif

See that wasn't so hard, was it?

IX0LgkU.gif

Thank you for your patience.

Gosh, that's got to be hard on your knees, Brian.

Well that is one way of getting a headache, squinting at phone and monitor.

I have a couple more Posts to do for you (after I crank open a beer) and then I can get about my evening.

Once I take the dogs for a walk I have a few beers and I will have a couple for you.

@wm460
well done Mark
once you get use to Linux, you may want to convert that old Toshiba

I had the same thought, Brian - have you been peeking under my wizard's hat? That's where I store my ideas when I run out of the space between my left ear and my right ear.

Mark when you get a sec, maybe you can open Terminal on your desktop and type in and press the enter button for

Code:
sudo ufw enable

when you press enter it will prompt you for your password. Type it in and press enter (there may be no movement, that is a security protocol)

Then your software firewall will activate straight away, and it will kick in every time you reboot or boot the computer.

Mark once you chose the mark option for login, it will default to that each time unless you change back to using userd, but that is deficient for access to sudo and the other groups.

With those groups:

lpadmin is for printers control
sambashare is for setting up a home network that includes Windows
adm is for Admin functions

... you can Google or DuckDuckGo up the others if you wish.

I am thinking that most logical would be to eliminate the

userd

presence

But first you might want to access that Downloads content and anything else you might have changed or created there.

This can be done a number of ways and we can deal with that in a dedicated Thread that you would start.

Meantime I have a user mark on both of my Linux Mint 21.2 'Victoria' Cinnamon and my LM 21.3 'Virginia' Cinnamon that I can get rid of, and in doing so, make sure I can give you accurate advice (with no typos).

Cheers

Chris

Where's that droll/groan button when you need one?

Now I guess I will be able to got stuck into the Welcome to Linux Mint
Mark when you get a sec, maybe you can open Terminal on your desktop and type in and press the enter button for

Code:
sudo ufw enable

when you press enter it will prompt you for your password. Type it in and press enter (there may be no movement, that is a security protocol)

Then your software firewall will activate straight away, and it will kick in every time you reboot or boot the computer.
just got back from our walk sitting here with your beer.
OK will do.

Im off to the clinic, enjoy your beers, I will catch up with a G&T at lunch time [31/2 hrs from now

Code:
sudo ufw enable

Yes it worked

Sweet.

Enjoy your reading and playing.

Night.

Members online