(gnome) Discord not in a "window"

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
The discord app doesn't come with its own set of controls, I cannot minimize, close to tray or end the app unless I right click on the pinned apps button, where I use quit so that it minimizes to tray, and I can only close it if right click the tray icon and exit from there.

Its frustrating because I can't even move it around, and its not the only app who does that. How could I remedy that?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-01-02 11-13-59.png
    Screenshot from 2023-01-02 11-13-59.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 239

Mine does, I currently have the Flatpak version installed. Let me see if the normal version does as well.
Screenshot_20230102_113003.png

Last edited:
And the normal version does as well.

it IS the flatpack version. And this is the second time I've installed it. In both cases its the same thing.

It works perfectly fine, just the border part is missing with all the controls.

The joys of CSD... is it possible to set any window manager options?

The joys of CSD... is it possible to set any window manager options?
What does CSD stand for, closed source distributors?

I'm using KDE Plasma, I'll just install a vm that use Gnome to see what I get then.

I'm using KDE Plasma, I'll just install a vm that use Gnome to see what I get then.
It doesn't help here, but i do it on purpose. I tell compiz not to decorate the discord window...

ShotScreen_20230102_152034.jpg

maybe you can do the opposite in whatever gnome uses these days as WM?
I installed the flatpak version and it does have window controls. At least on KDE with compiz and kwin.

Last edited:
Looks like it's a Gnome thing, when I install Discord in a vm with Fedora Workstation I have the same thing.
Screenshot from 2023-01-02 15-35-03.png

Pop os like op, atleast looks like it's.

edit: gotta check myself too, going download fedora and put up vm

I found the solution.
1. Install gnome-tweaks.
2. Open gnome-tweaks
3. Go to Window Titlebars
4. Turn sliders to on for "Maximize" and "Minimize".
Screenshot from 2023-01-02 15-50-14.png

Yeah, weird is that none of installations i had to enable them, it was default. If op is using Pop OS i might be wrong.:D

At least with default settings, popos does let discord decorate its window. Try to start it from a fresh user account and if it's got deco, it's one of your settings that removes it...

Attachments

• ShotScreen_20230102_155446.jpg
    ShotScreen_20230102_155446.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 95
Yeah it was wrong of me to assume it was a Gnome thing without knowing OP's distribution and without knowing that you are using Gnome as well. So it must be one of those things different distributions make different choices on when it comes to defaults settings for a DE.

Members online