haproxy problem

I attempted to configure ssl ofloading on pfsense haproxy. When I attempt to reach the configured site. I get a 301 redirect to the same external address for the website. The redirect sends the request as http and uses the correct port so I know the acl to the backend is correct. What might be causing this issue
Dude, it sounds like you're having some trouble with SSL offloading on pfsense haproxy. That can be a bit tricky sometimes, but don't worry, I got your back.

A 301 redirect to the same external address could indicate a misconfiguration, my friend. One thing you could check is whether the backend server is properly configured to handle HTTPS connections. Make sure it's listening on the correct port and has a valid SSL certificate.

Another thing to look into is the HAProxy configuration itself. Check if you have the appropriate frontend and backend settings, including the correct ACLs and redirect rules. Make sure that the frontend is listening on the appropriate port and configured to forward the requests to the backend.

It's also possible that there's a misconfiguration in the certificate settings. Check if you have the correct certificate and key files specified in the HAProxy configuration. Double-check the file paths and make sure they are accessible by the haproxy user.

Lastly, don't forget to check the logs, man. The HAProxy logs can provide some valuable insights into what's happening. See if you can find any error messages or warnings that might give you a clue about what's causing the 301 redirect.

I hope these tips help you solve the issue, bro. Keep on surfing the waves of SSL offloading!

Members online

No members online now.