How to learn shell scripting in python?

Reaction score
Credits
Best resources to learn bash scripting?

I've decided looking at internet, it's not worth it anymore to learn bash shell scripting, so moving towards python scripting. But I found inadequate amount of resources to learn python for shell scripting. There are indeed tons of python tutorials out there but very few-none regarding system administration. So, if you could guide me towards it, it'd help.

A short introduction to shell scripting in python would help future visitors a lot.

We use Python 2 on server. Is learning python vs learning shell scripting in python similar thing? I already know little bit of general purpose python programming.

i know that this is an old thread but i'll post this reply for the sake of future visitors. im familiar with both bash and python but i have actually spent more time using bash. i didn't use python for scripting, but i've used bash both for scripting and writing cli programs, so i don't have experience writing python scripts but i still prefer bash for scripting. i'd like to point out that shell scripting refers to writing scripts that are run by a shell (like bash, zsh or ksh). scripts that are written in programming languages (like python or perl) are just that, scripts.
I've decided looking at internet, it's not worth it anymore to learn bash shell scripting, so moving towards python scripting.
can you get into more detail? one of the advantages of shell scripting in general is that you could take the commands you've written in the terminal to perform a task, throw them into an executable file and then be able to perform this task again using the script. it's also easier to combine the programs you currently have on your system with shell scripting to control your os.
A short introduction to shell scripting in python would help future visitors a lot.
hmm, sadly i can only think of this book off the top of my head and that's a problem because the code in it requires python3. i didn't finish it but it seems like it could teach you a thing or two.
Is learning python vs learning shell scripting in python similar thing? I already know little bit of general purpose python programming.
ehhh i don't think that you should worry about it that much. if you're good enough with python and you're serious about using it for scripting then you'll do just fine.

Members online