Solved Install Proprietary Drivers_ AMD RX 560 4GB Drivers_ How to Reboot The Target System and Maybe More

Solved issue
Strange.. how it looks from my end :) "to yours", like I start with a white color.

I see what he's talking about. Your screen shot has a "shadow" of a white screen behind it with black text. Look a little closer. You'll see what I'm talking about.

1710729536553.png

What is the Resolution ?
2560 x1440 (16:9)
59.95 Hz

I need to check something. I think the native resolution different. I'm not sure.

Instead of a high speed HDMI cable, now I'm using the display port. If I remember correctly, using the display port cable has a higher refresh rate. I can change it to 74.97 now that I'm using that instead.

That will likely make the difference

I changed a couple of settings in the monitors native resolution and then matched it up in Display settings

That makes a big difference. I forgot that refresh rate is different using the display port. This is the first time I've used it. My NVIDEA GPU didn't have a display port.

Want to mark the display part of this as Solved ?

@wizardfromoz

I got this figured out!

The advise to calm down was to me.
The thing about the dark screen and text was to Disabled.

(You can just edit your first comment to add more information.)
I'm not exactly sure I'm on the same page with you... I put the "Maybe More" because I didn't think it would be appropriate to start an entirely new thread if the solution went some other way than the drivers, like it has.

I think were saying the same thing?

Last edited:
FWIW.
Quoted from here.
Scroll down to here.
For an AMD/ATI video card

"For an AMD/ATI video card you have to stick to the default open source driver. Because the closed AMD Catalyst (fglrx) drivers are not compatible with Linux Mint.

These closed fglrx drivers are proprietary and so their code is not available. AMD indicated they no longer wanted to support them and urged their customers to use open-source drivers instead.

If you're using an AMD or ATI GPU in Linux Mint, the operating system will automatically select either the radeon or the amdgpu driver for you, and both of these open-source drivers are installed by default."

Gees!
I wish they just said that on the website. It would have saved me a lot of time!

They could have told me this too!

Yes, amdgpu was installed by default

When I downloaded the drivers, I got a message that it was already installed. Now I know why.

Been my experience that AMD / ATI Radeon installed the opensource graphics driver at the time of install.
Yeah there's a lot of things I wished had been said on manufactures websites from the git-go that would have been helpful to Linux users.

I believe some hardware manufactures have good intentions unfortunately some hardware manufactures just don't get around to doing it though.

It all goes back to ain't no money to be made from the Linux home base and probably never will. (sigh)

It all goes back to ain't no money to be made from the Linux home base and probably never will. (sigh)

You know what? That doesn't bother me much because I'm not in shackles anymore!

I can't say whether or not the Radeon graphics would be any better in Windows or if the display would make any difference. I was using an Nvidia GPU and it didn't have a display port.

I don't care!

For my use Intel graphics integrated or HD processor graphics for what I do has works OOTB without problems.

Linux ain't perfect by any means but Linux is free to download / install and use.

Ya just can't complain about a free OS leastwise I can't. ;)

Enjoy the Linux adventure it will all come together eventually and make sense. :)

The advise to calm down was to me.
The thing about the dark screen and text was to Disabled.

I knew you, you knew that, but he didn't know that.

Sherri, if you are happy with the graphics, sounds like Timeshift time.

Oh My GAWD!!

I wish you could see this! This is incredible!

So how do I go back from a green color(ex.) to the default color.. of this forum?

I'm not really sure. I never use colors for my formatting.

green

not green

Okay, you can type out your message and then add the colors by highlighting the word(s) and just applying the color to those words.

I'd avoid using white or black.

I'm not really sure. I never use colors for my formatting.

green

not green

Okay, you can type out your message and then add the colors by highlighting the word(s) and just applying the color to those words.

I'd avoid using white or black.

Hmm...

If I don't use black text on a black background everyone will see the gossip going around the forum. When we see a large gap between paragraphs we know there's hidden message. All we have to do to see it is highlight that portion and pick a different text color.

I know____________________________ ad_________________ ght ________________________ha___________________________

and ____________________then I ____________ di ____________not_____________I_______________ dou____he _____________________countryD___________id KGl__________sa_______________a______outh-----no black or white text??

Last edited:
If I don't use black text on a black background everyone will see the gossip going around the forum.

They can just highlight it when it's text. So, it's possible to read it. It's just awkward, annoying, and a horrible oversight by the forum software.

Members online

Latest posts