Ipad2 A1395 OS??

MOE-LARRY&CURLY

Reaction score
Credits
Good day, I have an old iPad2 A1395 and am seeking out possible alternatives for an os. I've seen something called iSH online but was from 2022. Thx!

iPad2 A1395
You have decisions to make,
First this model came with 8/16/32/64 GB flash drive, to run a full Linux you will need either the 32 or 64 gb flash drive, there are a couple of lightweight distros that may run on the 16GB version
second, the samsung/apple A5 CPU is 32 bit, there are very few 32 bit distros left and from what I gather will become unsupported by Linux within the next year
and lastly it only has Wi-Fi for internet which may make installing updates difficult to say the least

Thank you both. I knew it would be a far shot, esp as only have the 16gb vers. It's really for my son that is 6 and so far vlc is a big help that I have on my linux DT and still runs on ios9. I'm trying to figure out dolphin browser too. @GatorsFan I should dload the Debian you mentioned on my desktop then just install to iPad?? Seems that I need to do a wipe of current os( ios9) then install new os. Can this be managed and done connected to my desktop? LOL my desktop is actually a mid 2011 iMac.

Can this be managed and done connected to my desktop?
Unfortunately not the only thing you can do on the desktop is to download the ISO and install it to a USB - the live USB is used to install on you iPad

Anti-X should just fit

Members online

Latest posts