Javascript wont run

Consuela

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

i recently got a new Server, then tried to Install Mastodon, but now my whole website isnt working anymore, when i run a nirmal index.html with JS code i get this

<noscript>You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.</noscript>

but Node.JS is installed?

also im not that very experienced btw.

That looks like you have to allow scripts for the site using the NoScript add-on you have for your browser, at least as a starting point. Enable scripting in your browser - is what the error message appears to be telling you.

my browser has no problem with any other page and i tried 3 browsers, the probolem seems to be server side :(

Hmm... Then I'm at a bit of a loss. Why would it throw 'noscript' errors?

NoScript is a browser extension, one quite popular with security-minded folks and with those who have bandwidth limitations. It is installed by default with at least the Tor browser - and I think maybe also installed by default with Viasat's browser, but I'd have to double-check that one and I'm not at that computer.

This is NoScript:

I do a whole lot online with various pages and various languages but haven't seen anything throw that error. Hmm...

Well, then it's not NoScript - as you'd know if you installed the extension on all of those different browsers. The pesky nature of the extension means you'd not forget having done so. LOL

I've been sitting here waiting for your page to load. It first complained about not being secure, so I told it to go ahead anyhow.

Yeah, something's broken. I gave it a good five minutes. It warns me that it's not HTTPS and I tell it to proceed anyhow. Then, it does nothing. It doesn't load anything, not even your warning.

Hopefully, someone here will have a better idea than I have. The only 'noscript' I've seen before is with the extension.