Jobs #2

InvaderSumo

Reaction score
Credits
So. Trying to find a "freelance" job is brutally a pain in my behind.
Is there anybody on here who writes for any journals or magazines and would be willing to teach me a few things about writing for magazines and journals specifically? or any other Linux based job. thanks

Oh, no... No, you don't want to write for online Linux sites.

You can make better money busking at your nearest city center.

Even if you start your own site and charge for space, it's well below poverty lines.

Trust me on this one. Get a karaoke machine and a keyboard so that you can go busking in your nearest urban center. Trying to make money writing articles about Linux is going to hurt your soul.

It costs me money to do so. Not the other way around.

Out of amusement, I've looked into the paid gigs. They pay pennies on the hours invested.

The closest you'll get will be to do your own site and go with AdSense - but they'll find an excuse to screw you if you grow too quickly. They nailed me for 'invalid clicks' and no evidence of why they claimed that. They still pay more than the alternatives.

You can also try to get it working with a patreon account or some donation / buy me a coffee / newsletter benefit kind of thing. It's not impossible, but as KGIII said, it's hard and it's going to hurt your soul.

w
Oh, no... No, you don't want to write for online Linux sites.

You can make better money busking at your nearest city center.

Even if you start your own site and charge for space, it's well below poverty lines.

Trust me on this one. Get a karaoke machine and a keyboard so that you can go busking in your nearest urban center. Trying to make money writing articles about Linux is going to hurt your soul.

It costs me money to do so. Not the other way around.

Out of amusement, I've looked into the paid gigs. They pay pennies on the hours invested.

The closest you'll get will be to do your own site and go with AdSense - but they'll find an excuse to screw you if you grow too quickly. They nailed me for 'invalid clicks' and no evidence of why they claimed that. They still pay more than the alternatives.
Well what about remote work??? Because I don't really think I have any city centers near me. I live away from the city. So other than remote jobs that require schooling and certificates, What else could I do? I'm learning HTML and C programming languages. Know of any people that pay to train???

Which kind of city center are you talking about?

I tried busking in a high foot traffic area, i played for a few hours and made $10. Terrible.

Well what about remote work???

I saw this on Reddit about a month ago and saved the URL to share with someone. I'm happily retired.

Which kind of city center are you talking about?

I busked in the Boston area back in the day. I'm a classical guitarist by training. I was going to school across the river (Cambridge) at the time.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts