Kali Linux update issue

ScorpioDave

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I am new to here and also new to using Kali Linux.
I had some issue here while updating.
Can anyone help solve this?

┌──(scorpio㉿kali)-[/]
└─$ sudo apt update
Hit:1 http://kali.darklab.sh/kali kali-rolling InRelease
Hit:2 http://kali.darklab.sh/kali kali-last-snapshot InRelease
Hit:3 http://kali.darklab.sh/kali kali-experimental InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
1265 packages can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see them.
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (contrib/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (contrib/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (contrib/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (contrib/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (contrib/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (contrib/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:5
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (main/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (contrib/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (contrib/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (contrib/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (contrib/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Packages (non-free-firmware/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Translations (non-free-firmware/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11 (non-free-firmware/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons-small (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-48x48.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target DEP-11-icons (non-free-firmware/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20
W: Target Contents-deb (non-free-firmware/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list:20

If you need to ask, then Kali Linux is not the right distribution for you.​

Kali Linux is a distribution for professional penetration testers who are already very familiar with Linux. It is meant to be used from a USB dongle for penetration testing. It can be installed, but it is not really meant to be. It is not meant for general use (even by professional penetration testers) such as Internet browsing, word processing, gaming, development, etc.

From the official Kali Linux documentation:

Should I Use Kali Linux?

(…) Kali is a Linux distribution specifically geared towards professional penetration testers and security specialists, and given its unique nature, it is NOT a recommended distribution if you’re unfamiliar with Linux or are looking for a general-purpose Linux desktop distribution for development, web design, gaming, etc. (…)
Even for experienced Linux users, Kali can pose some challenges. (…)
While Kali Linux is architected to be highly customizable, don’t expect to be able to add random unrelated packages and repositories that are “out of band” of the regular Kali software sources and have it Just Work. In particular, there is absolutely no support whatsoever for the apt-add-repository command, LaunchPad, or PPAs. Trying to install Steam on your Kali Linux desktop is an experiment that will not end well. Even getting a package as mainstream as NodeJS onto a Kali Linux installation can take a little extra effort and tinkering.
If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for. (…)
If you are looking for a Linux distribution to learn the basics of Linux and need a good starting point, Kali Linux is not the ideal distribution for you. You may want to begin with Ubuntu, Mint, or Debian instead. If you’re interested in getting hands-on with the internals of Linux, take a look the “Linux From Scratch” project.

But why won't people help me?!​

Since Kali is for experts, if you ask about Kali, people assume that you're an expert.

If you ask a beginner question about Kali, many people will ignore you. Beginners and Kali are not compatible.

What does your sources list say, and what are the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list.d?

For starters it looks like you've tried downloading the same file multiple times, hence the errror. Where did you download this from and to where. Bare meta.? VM? Dual Boot? Laptop? Desktop. Without knowing much, I would suggest this and in case you 're curious, Kali will break sometimes and you 'll need to wipe it and start over, it's the nature of pen-testing and using unstable software. Wipe your drives, get the download that fits your use case. In other words, don;t use a live version to install on bare metal. I know they give instructions otherwise, but it's simple to lesson the chance of an error.

Next go through and do the install and pay attention to the requirements. You need a small 500MB boot drive with an EFI flag, you'll also need a small 4gig swap partition, the rest will be the main drive with should have the root flag. That's it, don't let kali do, it makes a mess out of your drive. Go through the boot up and the first thing you want to do is give yourself admin right and gibe your self root permissions but don't log in as troot. Next, sudo apt update, then....and this is important sudo apt dist-upgrade. This wil update the OS and the kernel to the latest one as of the day you do it.

Next DO NOT enable the experimental repo, it WILL break you r system all the time. You could do bleeding but I would wait. I'm not sure what darklab is but I'm guess if they are canging th ekod or at the kernel level it's proably your issue.

That stuff has never been succesful. Trust me whhen I tell you, the're is very powerful tools on the dist if you how to use them. Just stick with th eout of the box version until you're more familiar. Try and see if you can make it 6 months with out have to start over, then try some other stuff.

And lastly. Check your repos, there should be anything there that isn't kali or debian based, that's usually the root cause.

I won't discourage from using it or saying you shouldn't, how else are you gonna learn? Just keep your expectations somewhere around pissed off and frustrated. My advice is as follows, stick to bash, it's universal, proven and used widely. Learn linux, the bare bones of it. There's commands and functions build into linux you wouldn't believe, know as much as you can, it will help. Be ready for criticizm, people think that unless your an NSA hacker you have no business using it, don't listen. Be an ndividual thinker and be yourself. If you have a question for a community, first make sure you'v eexhausted every means of finding it on your own, that how to learn best. Ansd when you do ask a question follow this format. State your OS including release #, state wheat you were doing or what was the last thing you did onb your system before it happened (downloads, updates, install), then state what the issues is and what are the symptoms., in detail. What have you tried so far. Then ask a specific question. "I can't fix my terminal, can you help" is not gonna win anyone over.

Lastly, be careful. It's none of my business wha you do and I'm in no position to pass jusdgment, but getting busted for computer crimes is no joke. The feds will take apart your life, put yuou in situations where you can't win and won't lose a minute's sleep about it. You have to weigh your risk vs reward. Well, have fun and remmember, knowledge is freeand knowledge is [power.

Members online