Making a WORKING Windows 10 Install USB stick... IN LINUX?

BigBadBeef

Reaction score
Credits
Right, so, I got the most recent version of POP!_OS. I am trying to get a USB stick with a windows 10 installation going, but I've been banging my head against a wall for two days now. Balena Ether is currently unsupported by this version of pop!_os, USB Flasher doesn't support making a bootable W10 stick, USB Imager has failed miserably, and I've even manually tried creating the stick to no avail.

The farthest I've come was a blinking dash on a black screen, which persists until I restart the computer. My poking around with boot priorities has even gotten SystemDboot menu to appear. The USB stick is a humble 32GB SanDisk drive, but it is working just fine.

I could go to my cousin who stubbornly persists on using windows and make the bootable drive there, but that would defeat the purpose. How else can I make a bootable Windows 10 USB stick?

Try the recommended one for POP
sudo apt install popsicle-gtk

I tried installing Woe using the snap package, it doesn't even appear as a launchable program, using alternate means reports that it has a dependency that it cannot install.
Use Ventoy

Try the recommended one for POP
sudo apt install popsicle-gtk
I've installed popsicle but it doesn't appear on the list of installed programs, just like WoeUSB.

I tried installing Woe using the snap package, it doesn't even appear as a launchable program, using alternate means reports that it has a dependency that it cannot install.
Install WoeUSB-ng's Dependencies
Code:
sudo apt install git p7zip-full python3-pip python3-wxgtk4.0 grub2-common grub-pc-bin
Install WoeUSB-ng
Code:
sudo pip3 install WoeUSB-ng

Install WoeUSB-ng's Dependencies
Code:
sudo apt install git p7zip-full python3-pip python3-wxgtk4.0 grub2-common grub-pc-bin
Install WoeUSB-ng
Code:
sudo pip3 install WoeUSB-ng
Alright, once more unto the breach!

Use the old tried and true "dd" ( disk duplicator )

dd if=/path/to/windows.iso of=/dev/sdb ( or whatever your usb device is )

I suspect this "complimentary" free USB stick is to blame. Too primitive and poorly designed to handle something fancy as a bootable windows. It would probably fail every test you could think of.

I'm gonna have to set this aside for now because I leave for my work cycle on sunday and will be gone for 3 weeks - there is just so much other things to do. This isn't really a priority project, just wanted dual boot to get my old Oculus Rift working so I can watch VR videos and play VR games until I build a new pc and buy a VR that IS supported by Linux. Its my only remaining hurdle.

Thank you for your help, for now...