Credits
Have you ever walked down the street and thought:

This guy shaves with a double edge razor
Another man shaves with a 5-blade razor
Shaving brush, aerosol can or gel?
A different person must use a $20 electric razor
But he must have a $200 electric razor

No? Why not? Is it so hard to tell?

The shaving business has weasel words like closeness and comfort.

Is your shaving not close enough or so uncomfortable?

Remember, it will grow back the next day...

Wow, that's deep and meaningful on my first coffee of the day.

I'll have to think about it.

More coffee.

Chris

I use a double edge razor blade and a brush. (Merkur 34c. Several times voted the best razor in the world. Asked for it for Christmas...)

I can buy 100 razor blades for £6.99 post free. That's 7p a week for me. Nearly two years supply.

When you look at 3 blade razors, 5 blade or 7 blade or whatever, they are much more. Even "cheap" offers. Harry's?

Twin blade cartridges are rare and expensive in the UK. Why? Restricting the market? Left my Wilkinson's Profile in Genoa. Heard it fall, but couldn't find it.

When the two blade razors were introduced, Saturday Night Live (back when they were awesome) made fun of them and had a fake commercial where there were not two, not three, not four, but five razors!

Today, you can buy a five razor razor.

I buy kinda-costly stuff from Harry's. They do a great job - but it still costs me very little, as I don't do a whole lot of shaving. I'm mostly Native American, so a full beard is impossible for me. It has patches in it and, at my age, I don't think that's ever gonna change. I do have a solid goatee, however. Other than that, my facial hair grows only slightly faster than glaciers move.

Nope I'm too busy checking out the good looking females walking on the street ahead of me. :p

I just use the cheap disposable single razors that are good for one or two shaves.

The Wife makes soap and I cut a puck from it and lather it up in a mug with a brush.

About as old school as I get nowadays.

Homemade soap is (sometimes) awesome. I much prefer supporting a local lady that makes soap than buy something commercial. She even makes white musk and lilac (not together) at my request.

I don't have a lot to look after, over the years my handlebars developed into mutton chops and tash, so I just have the chin and neck to do, so I make do with the cheap throwaway twinblades [they last me a week] but I do like my menthol shaving cream or jell

We used to know a lady from Church who made homemade soap but she passed away.

She did however pass on her soap recipes to the Wife so the Wife makes a bit of the soap every so often.

Yeah I have one of them beards that will take chunks out of a razor so one or two uses is all I get from a razor.

There's a lady in the village that makes soap and sells it to tourists and by mail order. She does enough business for that to be mostly her job. She's also taken up cheese making. I was able to gift her some equipment left here by an ex lady friend. She's only been at it for a few years, but it's generally delicious.

She's also taken up cheese making.

She's only been at it for a few years, but it's generally delicious.
Going a bit off topic my apologies to @arochester.

We have a farm and the family that lives there and farms it makes homemade butter from the cream of fresh cows milk.

We watched and helped with the making of the butter and it is a process but she's got it down to an art.

Can't do the store butter anymore.

I just save money by not shaving for months, or even years at a time! Haven't bought any new razor blades in at least 6 or 7 years!

I have not shaved for going on two months now. I haven't cut my hair for over a year. When I get around to it, I'll use a beard trimmer and say to myself most times that that is good enough.

No woman to please. My children are all grown. I'm retired.

Like @KGIII, I did not shave more than every other day until I was 30 and could not grow a mustache until I was in my 40s. My eldest son by marriage gave me a 5-blade razor with the Seahawks logo on it the year they won the Super Bowl. Nowadays, I only use it when I am supposed to "be presentable" to those that wear suits and neckties and expensive dresses.

I've atoned for the sins of my youth, I am happily a blessed soltero, and I will contiue living a free life for as long as I am able and permitted to do so by the Creator(s) of us all.

What do I know? I am just grateful to be alive in this still beautiful world and I hope I die before it turns otherwise. That's not my call, however.

I like it/hadn't seen it!
All humor aside, the notable lack of Slackware beard invalidates the cartoon -- LOL!

Members online