9mmsingapore

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I recently installed PuppyOS on my Sony Vaio P model, and while the wired LAN connection is working flawlessly, I'm encountering difficulties with connecting to WiFi. Despite trying various drivers, I haven't been able to resolve the issue. Could anyone kindly provide guidance or suggestions on troubleshooting this WiFi connectivity problem? Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

do you know the exact chipset in the wi-fi, ?

We need a bit more info on the wifi card. Make, Model, chipset. Also make sure secure boot is turned off if you machine has that.

I have installed version the OS Bionicpup32 19.03. This machine based on Intel Atom Z560 Chipset.

Code:
Wpa_supplicant Status:
-------------------------------------------------
wpa_state=INTERFACE_DISABLED
address=00:16:eb:26:68:12
uuid=192741b4-1335-5bd9-bbc8-eac634af88d2
Not Active
-------------------------------------------------

Not connected.
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop qlen 1000
    link/ether 00:16:eb:26:68:76 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    inet6 fe80::216:ebff:fe26:6976 scope link tentative
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

Please find the attached file. I already installed the driver but message shows in my machine "No wireless configuration available"

Please check and let me know. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 42
@9mmsingapore
The driver appears to work but your wifi interface isn't configured.

In that screenshot click on wlxc... interface button and click load module if it says module isn't loaded.

You might need to manually enter IP configuration.

@9mmsingapore :-

Mmm.....o-kay. What's this "wlxc" thingy? Is it actually a USB wireless dongle? Because if it is, it should be functioning fine; the r8188eu module has been in the kernel since late 2014/early 2015. I can confirm that 'cos I used to have a TP-Link TL-WN725N with this chipset, and it "kicked-in" and began working just after the second point release of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - 14.04.2 - around late October/early November of that year.

Almost certainly it's loaded; my guess is, you just need to configure the interface. So, yeah; click on the "wlxcxxxxxxxx" button, and this will take you to the next step in the process, where - if memory serves me right - you'll want the top button first (check to see if the network is being detected). It then returns you to the same screen, where you'll then need to select "Configure wireless" or similar (I'm doing this all from memory; this machine is Ethernet-only, so it won't bring up the "Configure wireless button" because no wireless chipset is being detected.)

Can't help any further with this until I can get on my other machine (a laptop).....and that won't be till tomorrow. If you can wait till then, I can talk you through using Puppy's Network Wizard. It's not hard; basically, you scan for available networks, pick the network you want, enter the SSID (network name) and password, followed by first saving the profile then hitting "Connect".

Mike. ;)

Members online

Latest posts