rialbbe

Reaction score
Credits
As I test Ubuntu, Edubuntu, Linux Mint, KDE Neon, Zorin, MX, Chrome, Fedora, Elementary and BIG LINUX. Surprisingly , the easiest are 1 Big Linux, 2 Chrome and 3 Linux Mint. This test are not done with me but with my elementary / primary students during my computer class. Chrome they are just familiar but Big Linux they told me that it is so easy. I think Big Linux is locking of exposure in terms of real test subjects. Not done by us Linux users as we use it as our daily driver.

Hello @rialbbe,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum, enjoy the journey. I'm not familar with Big Linux and have been using Linux since 1997 or so. But the others you mention are familar to me. I was a long time Mint user from it's very first and still use it some. But I've always liked KDE desktop and mint no longer offers it so Presently am using Tuxedo OS With KDE 6 DE. Working great here. All the best in you teaching but teach them the basics so they can handle any linux in the future.
I have found this page very helpful to new Linux users.

Surprisingly , the easiest are 1 Big Linux,
Welcome
this would depend on your location and tongue , Big Linux is now in its 4 incarnation, and is squarely aimed at those in Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking countries, I have seen it on help forums before [when it was Kubuntu based]

Welcome to the Forum.
1716259232415.gif

Hello @rialbbe,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum, enjoy the journey. I'm not familar with Big Linux and have been using Linux since 1997 or so. But the others you mention are familar to me. I was a long time Mint user from it's very first and still use it some. But I've always liked KDE desktop and mint no longer offers it so Presently am using Tuxedo OS With KDE 6 DE. Working great here. All the best in you teaching but teach them the basics so they can handle any linux in the future.
I have found this page very helpful to new Linux users.
Yes, it is a linux distro that give priority to latin speaking linux users. eventually expanded to international community and change it's format to English. I find it very easy compare to any recommended linux distros. No need to use the terminal in all installations. Everything done and install in the Big store even though they still have the manjaro software center and kde discover app store. I've use this Big linux for 3 or 4 years already. And I mostly use it in my main laptop for editing as I constantly on the move by traveling and teaching at the same time in science and computer.

Thanks
Welcome
this would depend on your location and tongue , Big Linux is now in its 4 incarnation, and is squarely aimed at those in Brazil and other Portuguese-speaking countries, I have seen it on help forums before [when it was Kubuntu based]
I'm here in Thailand as a science and computer teacher and Big Linux already change its main language to English. Yes, it was based in Brazil.