newest kid on the block

@hacodo75

Harald,

Here's a screenshot of Etcher:

Etcher 2020-03-04 143804.jpg

1 - Insert your Flash Disk into a USB port on your computer.

2 - Click on 'Select Image'. Another window will open. Click on 'Downloads' folder. Linux Mint 19.3 will show up. Click on 'Linux Mint' to hi-lite it.

3 - Then click on 'Open'. Linux Mint will replace 'Select Image' in Etcher.

4 - Click on 'Flash'.

5 - Sit back and wait about 5 minutes while it finishes. That's it. Done.

Let us know when you get finished. Then we can proceed further toward SUCCESS !

The finish line is in sight my friend.

OGTC

Quite honestly, its has been a hassle, therefore I like to keep WIN here. Even if I just leave it in the partition and boot up with Linux. then once I get used to Linux I will dump Win for good. Is that ok.?

Quite honestly, its has been a hassle, therefore I like to keep WIN here. Even if I just leave it in the partition and boot up with Linux. then once I get used to Linux I will dump Win for good. Is that ok.?

That will be fine.
I'll be here for the next few hours so perhaps, if it works for you, we can post back and forth til we get this done.
I will be doing everything on my Windows 10 that you will be doing on yours, so please follow my instructions carefully. Don't jump ahead of me, or you will lose me.

First insert the flash disk you just loaded with Linux Mint 19.3, into a USB port on your computer.
Let me know when this is done.

Its already in, do I need to take it out?
No. Leave it in.
Next step:
Click on Menu down in left hand bottom corner. When it opens, there should be a short list on the far left side, find the one that says 'Settings' when you hover the mouse over it. Click on it.

No. Leave it in.
Next step:
Click on Menu down in left hand bottom corner. When it opens, there should be a short list on the far left side, find the one that says 'Settings' when you hover the mouse over it. Click on it.
Let me know when each step is done.

I haven't got a menu, but a windows, settings is right above. so no problem, I'm in settings

I haven't got a menu, but a windows, settings is right above. so no problem, I'm in settings

Find this and click on it "Update and Security"

Good,
New window should be "Windows Update".
Scroll down left side and click on "Recovery". A new window should open.

I had to go back to your last post. I had some files open, but then I could not see your next post. So Im catching up no, going for troubleshoot\

I had to go back to your last post. I had some files open, but then I could not see your next post. So Im catching up no, going for troubleshoot\

No problem.
When you get to 'Troubleshoot' window, click on 'Advanced options'.

Yes I did that and it gives you 6 options., But I can't see your posst coming in, only on my mobile/cell phone. So how can I get back to the forum?? Or lete your post coming, I can see them on the phone.

Members online