OJ Simpson dead at 76.

I just watched him in Naked Gun 2 weeks ago.

I've seen him in a few movies don't recall which ones.

I kept up with OJ Simpson when he was playing football.

I prefer to remember those OJ Simpson days.

I'll let the thread continue but let's keep it tasteful, regardless of our personal thoughts.

Thanks.

I kind of expected this when I first saw the thread yesterday. It has since been viewed by at least one admin and two moderators. They didn't see fit to remove the thread.

@KGIII :-

Y'know, either you or somebody will have to explain to me what the big deal was with this OJ Simpson character. I vaguely remember hearing something about the guy in the UK media decades ago - indeed, there seemed to be quite a fuss about him at the time! - but ya gotta realise, we hear about stuff like this on t'other side of the Pond, yet because we don't live on your side, we don't understand the culture AT ALL.....

Mike. :confused:

Y'know, either you or somebody will have to explain to me what the big deal was with this OJ Simpson character.

The short version is that he was once found innocent (in criminal court) of murder. He led the police on a slow-speed chase. He was found guilty of wrongful death in a civil court and had to pay a bunch of money.

Then, later in life, he decided that someone wrongfully had his memorabilia. So, he went and forcefully took that property back. He served some time for that one.

He was a famous American football player and did some acting.

He also wrote a book about how he would have committed the murder if, you know, he committed the murder. Many people are convinced that he did indeed murder the lady that was murdered. He wasn't convicted of it, so he's innocent in the eyes of the law.

Still, he was loved by many.

I'm not overly fond of this thread but it doesn't violate any rules. It's one of those subjects that could easily attract drama. I've had to remove one post and I'd like to not remove any more posts.

So, regardless of your (generic 'your', and not you in particular) thoughts on the matter, we will keep it tasteful and civil. We can do that. We're mostly adults here.

That's the gist of it, inasmuch as I am aware.

America is so American that he went on his slow-speed police chase in a white Bronco and caused the white Bronco to sell out at dealerships across the country. I kid you not... My country was transfixed for the whole thing. They showed the trial on national television and it was quite an affair.

Yes... I'm in America. Yes, I know we're weird. It was impossible to not hear the story.

Staff online

Members online