Problem installing Linux mint 20 on Lenovo IdeaPad s340

The step up to LM 20.1 is well worth it.

I run LM20.1 and it is rock solid.

Give it some thought

Good night

Is the upgrade as stable as a clean install? Have not heard of Balena Etcher - does it work better than Unetbootin? Is it possible to put more than one OS on a single usb stick?

Is the upgrade as stable as a clean install? Have not heard of Balena Etcher - does it work better than Unetbootin? Is it possible to put more than one OS on a single usb stick?

If you are happy to download LM20.1 and add it to the usb stick and proceed as a fresh install, that can only be a good thing.

The only app/program I know of that allows you to put more than one OS on a single usb stick is Ventoy
I have no experience with Ventoy, but I do hear good things about it here on Linux.org

unetbootin has had a few hiccups lately......I have been using Balena in its place. It is quick and reliable.

Thanks for telling me about Balena - I did have problems with Unetbootin the last time I tried it - couldn't get it to work...I think I will download LM20.1. Not tomorrow - too busy with other things - hopefully on Monday. Have to go now...

Members online