Problem with Debian start.

Gripen

Credits
Hello

I have an issue with Debian Linux. After install Debian without any problem, the system freezes when I want to start it for the first time. When I select Debian in the Grub menu, the system runs a series of checks and finally it freezes showing the message "fsckd-cancel-msg: Press Ctrl+C to cancel all filesystems checks in progress". If I press those keys the system doesn’t respond. If I press other key or combination of keys, the system doesn’t respond either. The only thing I can do is to press the power off key in order to start the power off process. Any other action is in vain.

You will find a screen photo at the end of this post.

My laptop is ASUS Vivobook S512 (I7 8Gb of RAM and NVIDIA Mx250). In the HD I have other partitions with Windows and Ubuntu that work without any problem.

IMG_20210417_175919406_HDR.jpg

captain-sensible

Credits
i believe you can use : tune2fs

along the lines of : tune2fs -c 0 /dev/sdax

if its installed see

Code:
man tune2fs 
AME
       tune2fs  -  adjust  tunable  filesystem  parameters  on  ext2/ext3/ext4
       filesystems...et cetera
Are you sure its not running because there is something considered an issue ; i see a mention of ppp resolv.conf being mentioned.

fsck is of course one of the utilities usually run manually to check and fix file systems .

Gripen

Credits
Hello

First of all, thanks for the answers!

The system freezes at that screen. I waited 1 hour and it stayed without any chage. I will try booting to live media and running fsck from there.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Staff online

Latest posts