Problem with graphics driver upon boot on Kali Linux (black screen after splash screen, no blinking cursor)

@f33dm3bits :-

Um.....an RV 390 ain't an RTX 3090! It's not even the same manufacturer..... :p

@Thordox :-

It boils down to this. Everybody takes the p**s out of Kali users asking 'basic' questions for one simple reason.....because if you're going to use Kali, it's automatically assumed that you're proficient enough to fix your own problems, and shouldn't NEED to ask questions of anybody.

I generally keep well out of Kali arguments. It's a 'non-subject', as far as I'm concerned; I have no interest in it, so where's the point responding? This post is a very rare exception to the rule.....

Mike. ;)
".because if you're going to use Kali, it's automatically assumed that you're proficient enough to fix your own problems, and shouldn't NEED to ask questions of anybody."

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I've used it since Backtrack, I use it everyday and there's always stuff I'm learning or have questions about. Whether it's about Linux or how a tool functions or a network setting, etc. Things are always changing so it's impossible to think you can keep up on things.

What I can't seem to understand is why everytime someone asks a question about something related to Kali or Parrot etc, they get a big lecture about this and that. Who gives an eff? Why does anyone care? And if the questions bother people so much, don't answer, don't reply or even look at the topic. Everyone has their own journey, it's not anyone's business nor is it their right to tell people what distro they can and can't use. I have an idea, this takes the same amount of energy, how about ask for clarification and what info you need, cuz remember, they're new, they probably don't know what info you need, if they did, they wouldn't be here. You're gonna ask for all that anyway, the backhanded insults and the condescending attitude seems quite unnecessary. In fact if anyone has a question and they are nervous about getting cyber assaulted throw it in my inbox, I''ll take a look.

Don't make hackers wild.

Actually running on Intel i9 14900K with RTX3090
But since I disabled splash from the grub config file I have not had an issue with the graphics driver or Kali hanging on boot. Previous to that I could only boot by using the Nomode set in the grub settings and it would not load the Nvidia drivers correctly

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-10_06-55-40.png
    Screenshot_2024-06-10_06-55-40.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2024-06-10_06-59-45.png
    Screenshot_2024-06-10_06-59-45.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2024-06-10_07-02-57.png
    Screenshot_2024-06-10_07-02-57.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 30

Members online

Latest posts