Reaction score
Credits
snap --list :oops:
not again..
Yet again !

Not true..
But it is. This guy is always right

Last edited:

I don't use Ubuntu because canonical is partnered with m$...that says it all.
m09004.gif

I don't use Ubuntu because canonical is partnered with m$...that says it all.
m09004.gif

LOL Microsoft is on the Linux Foundation and regularly contributes to the kernel.

You might want to move to BSD.

I continue to get uneasy feelings re Ubuntu.....nothing definite.....call it intuition

Time, as always, will tell the whole story

Yes I know and why...
t3902.gif

It's sure as heck not because of altruism.

So far, they've behaved themselves nicely. Heck, they've even been good stewards of GitHub.

How is this a UK problem?

So far, they've behaved themselves nicely. Heck, they've even been good stewards of GitHub.
I don't use GitHub either for that reason.
t3603.gif

I don't use GitHub either for that reason.
t3603.gif

Indirectly, you use GitHub all the time. That's where they host the code for the kernel and a giant percentage of the other software you use.

I have a GitHub account. I don't do much in the way of coding these days, but it helps to be able to report bugs and request features. It's a great way to get in touch with the developers of the software.

So, while you may not go to GitHub, you rely on GitHub. That's where they do the work.

A lot of this used to be on SourceForge, but they aren't as popular as they once were - as far as percentages go. They still host a whole lot of software repositories but GitHub has reigned supreme for quite some time now.

MSFT has its fingers in all the pies.

Let me think...again :confused:
Hmm...

Probably a battle... in vs a :rolleyes:
Who's gonna win ?
You're not making sense, I have no idea what you mean with that? Is about Snaps, has nothing to do with a specific country?

I believe it is a language issue - on the part of the OP, not you, Maarten.

@Disabled - the UK is the United Kingdom, also known as Britain.

Wizard

I believe it is a language issue - on the part of the OP, not you, Maarten.
It would be nice if @Disabled cleared up what they mean in their topic title together with their OP because currently to anyone who's not from the UK this seems like the Snap issue is a specific problem to the UK while Snaps aren't tied to a country.

the UK is the United Kingdom
Yes, I know that
Only he is acting like a troll

I believe it is a language issue
Yeah, sometime I'm lazy :(

It would be nice of OP cleared up what they mean in their topic title together with their OP because currently to anyone who's not from the UK this seems like the Snap issue is a specific problem to the UK.
Oh, thanks Mr. Perfect
But here is something what you do know or what you don't :rolleyes:

And also here...

Screenshot from 2024-03-24 05-42-54.png

Suddenly you came here(my thread) to attack me ?
Trolling..
What Mr. Perfect ?

And also here...

Screenshot from 2024-03-24 05-42-54.png

Suddenly you came here(my thread) to attack me ?
Trolling..
What Mr. Perfect ?
I'm not attacking you, I was genuinely confused by your topic title as to why the Snap security problem would be tied to the UK. That their main headquarters is located in the UK doesn't tie the problem to the UK because Canonical has offices in more than 70 countries.
Canonical Ltd.[4] is a UK-based privately held computer software company founded and funded by South African entrepreneur Mark Shuttleworth to market commercial support and related services for Ubuntu and related projects. Canonical employs staff in more than 70 countries and maintains offices in London, Austin, Boston, Shanghai, Beijing, Taipei, Tokyo and the Isle of Man.[5][6]
It would be the same as blaming all Microsoft or Google problems on the US while such companies are international and not tied to one country so it's not logical to blame a country for the issues of Snap, if you would just mentioned Canonical in your topic instead of UK then it would have been a lot clearer to everyone.

@bob466 probably understood it right away.

You know you can ignore me... or you can apply for SuperSuper Moderator ;)
Then you can clean this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online