remove android and duct tape Linux inplace

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I'm a french Canadian that moved to the Philippines.. please forgive me if my English isnt UK perfect....

i got a phone today for like 60-70$cad... it is obviously a fake samsung galaxy s23.. but.. it looks freaking sweet (sorry that is the Keannu Reeves in me talking)
and i want to completely remove android (dont care about removing it from the reinstall partition.. once linux is in place i will not be resetting my phone..

if the phone is not rooted , i dont know.. im from the smartest country on earth, doesnt mean i ARE also.. me no smaat

i dont want a linux simulation where i need 50 apps and i need to log in.. no i want to press the power button and see LINUX... i know i could try ubuntu touch installation thingy.. but i d need to select a phone brand.. and i dont see "Chinese $h!t" as a brand , therefore my phone isnt listed :(

i do have access to a desktop computer. that has windows 11 (sorry)

please help
merci and spank you..

I've tried this on a phone (pinephone) that was actually designed to run linux and have yet to find a linux distribution that works well enough to actually -use- day to day for a phone... years later I'm -still- using android on a cheap phone from Walmart.

I'm not sating it can't be done, but if you find a way to what you described (and have it work acceptably), I want to know about it. Please. ;)

I've tried this on a phone (pinephone) that was actually designed to run linux and have yet to find a linux distribution that works well enough to actually -use- day to day for a phone... years later I'm -still- using android on a cheap phone from Walmart.

I'm not sating it can't be done, but if you find a way to what you described (and have it work acceptably), I want to know about it. Please. ;)
I have a Walmart phone since 2014 paid 29$ for it back then - still works like a champ it's not 5G but the 4G is just fine for me - it is a Samsung J7 running Android 6

I have a Walmart phone since 2014 paid 29$ for it back then - still works like a champ it's not 5G but the 4G is just fine for me - it is a Samsung J7 running Android 6
Yeah, not complaining about my current phone... except for the whole google / android thing.

It just irks me that, for instance, desktop linux can do -amazing- stuff with a connected camera if you ave one - but linux distros for smartphones (which pretty much always have a camera) can't seem to get it even close to right.

guys im super happy that all of you are appreciating your smartphones, however none of this is bringing me any closer of replacing android on this phone with linux awesomeness.....
please.. if you will... yes i know aboot pinephone.. but when i looked at the price online.. while ago.. it was 200$ cad... .. 149 now... us$...

Hi, I'm a french Canadian that moved to the Philippines.. please forgive me if my English isnt UK perfect....

i got a phone today for like 60-70$cad... it is obviously a fake samsung galaxy s23.. but.. it looks freaking sweet (sorry that is the Keannu Reeves in me talking)
and i want to completely remove android (dont care about removing it from the reinstall partition.. once linux is in place i will not be resetting my phone..

if the phone is not rooted , i dont know.. im from the smartest country on earth, doesnt mean i ARE also.. me no smaat

i dont want a linux simulation where i need 50 apps and i need to log in.. no i want to press the power button and see LINUX... i know i could try ubuntu touch installation thingy.. but i d need to select a phone brand.. and i dont see "Chinese $h!t" as a brand , therefore my phone isnt listed :(

i do have access to a desktop computer. that has windows 11 (sorry)

please help
merci and spank you..

I would also like to replace Android with Linux. I have three devices, Samsung Galaxy A32, Samsung Galaxy J6 and Xiaomi 13 C but none of these are compatible. I don't dare try to install Linux on one of the three devices because I don't want to have incompatibility problems and get messed up. I would like Linux to work well on at least one of my devices, so I wait for them to be on the list.

Maybe puppy linux. It's the smallest one, i think.
tbh, im even willing to install windows xp mobile if i can.. anything to step back from Android...
what steps do i take to get there ??? install Odin ? i think i need to set the phone to oem unlocked and USB debug mode..
and restart phone into fastboot i think.. kinda need handholding here

tbh, im even willing to install windows xp mobile if i can.. anything to step back from Android...
what steps do i take to get there ??? install Odin ? i think i need to set the phone to oem unlocked and USB debug mode..
and restart phone into fastboot i think.. kinda need handholding here
Ive never installed a non-proprietary OS on a phone. Youre best bet is the ubuntu touch project, but they only work on certain phones.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts