So I accidentally deleted Windows 10 from my dual boot, and I am glad I did.

JohnGalt

Reaction score
Credits
I was messing with my dual boot of Windows 10 on my laptop and Pop OS and accidentally deleted the Windows 10 partitions when I was reinstalling PopOS. I had a 50/50 feeling they were Windows 10 but was not sure, turned out they were and I was not even phased. I figured it would help me learn Linux a little faster and the fact that Windows was still there left this weird feeling like I needed to use it. Now I am just running PopOS and it feels way better than Windows, is way faster, tiles windows, and doesnt have spyware, malware and bloatware on it. Now that my laptop is google and microsoft free it feels like I am free balling in an odd way.

My desktop is still running windows with Linux on the side, maybe one day soon I will be able to game on Linux, until then I have to deal with Windows on the desktop unfortunately.

With Lutris and the Steam client you should be able to play plenty of game on GNU/Linux. Steam has quite a few games that have been ported to GNU/Linux and there are quite a few games that work through proton, you can search protondb for a game you are looking for to see if it runs through proton.

Hey John, I don't suppose you'd care to share with us why you and @BigCapitalist have the same date of birth, would you?

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

LOL That's actually how I recommend doing it when people ask.

Don't mess around with dual-boot. Don't keep Windows around. Wipe the disks during the installation process and use Linux. If you need Windows, there are virtual machines.

Members online