(SOLVED) Wifi adaptator not found MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card

I am not on linux but I spent hours on this problem on a brand new Asus gaming laptop and I wish I could credit the original poster but it was a video that led me to this solution:

Hold down the power button for a full 60 seconds and it resets your bluetooth and wifi then restart. Completely fixed the issue for me.

Don'tcha hate when it turns out to be so easy?

IT WORKS !!
It didn't worked on virtual box but I've tried this in real and it works, I've finally installed Pop_OS! and Garuda Linux in dual boot. Thank you all for your help !

Hi,
I've got this problem and haven't been able to fix it.

1643383372975.png

I have:

Installed Ubuntu 21.10

Upgraded to Kernel 5.15

Disabled secure boot

Checked that I have all the firmware
BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin WIFI_MT7961_patch_mcu_1_2_hdr.bin WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1.bin

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a bit stuck

Thanks for any help

Hi,
I've got this problem and haven't been able to fix it.

View attachment 11620

I have:

Installed Ubuntu 21.10

Upgraded to Kernel 5.15

Disabled secure boot

Checked that I have all the firmware
BT_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1_2_hdr.bin WIFI_MT7961_patch_mcu_1_2_hdr.bin WIFI_RAM_CODE_MT7961_1.bin

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a bit stuck

Thanks for any help
Hello @samdporter
Welcome to the Linux.org Forum.
Please start your own thread about your issue it's not related to this one.

Hello @samdporter
Welcome to the Linux.org Forum.
Please start your own thread about your issue it's not related to this one.
Hi,
Thanks!

I've got a MediaTek MT7921 Wi-Fi card that Ubuntu is unable to find. Is this not the same issue?

Apologies if not. I'll start a new forum

I've got a MediaTek MT7921 Wi-Fi card that Ubuntu is unable to find. Is this not the same issue?
before you start a new thread use Mediatek in the search facility, you may find your problem has come up before, if not give the results of inxi -Fx in your question

Hi,
Thanks!

Apologies if not. I'll start a new forum
It is not the same chip set and this thread has already been marked as solved so you will get better chance of help
if you start a new thread.

I am not on linux but I spent hours on this problem on a brand new Asus gaming laptop and I wish I could credit the original poster but it was a video that led me to this solution:

Hold down the power button for a full 60 seconds and it resets your bluetooth and wifi then restart. Completely fixed the issue for me.

Holly molly this WORKS omg you saved my life i was on trip no cableeth

OK Scott, I think I want to hug you. I just updated to Windows11 on a new Acer laptop and boom, no internet connection when before it was fine. I'm no computer techie, so I put it aside til I had more time to troubleshoot. I just started doing it today, and finding your post right off the bat probably saved me the hours of frustration-and more-that you had to endure. I did exactly what you said, even had a timer set to be sure, and it fixed things just fine. Thank you!!!
Vicki

我不是在Linux上,但我花了几个小时在这个问题上的一个全新的华硕游戏笔记本电脑,我希望我可以信贷的原始海报,但它是一个视频,导致我这个解决方案:

按住电源键整整60秒,它会重置你的蓝牙和WiFi,然后重新启动。完全解决了我的问题。

你不讨厌事情变得这么容易吗?

It works! thank you very, very much! I just installed a new laptop and WiFi worked fine until the installation was over. After a restart, it didn't connect, Googled a lot of answers, and that worked.

Welcome to the forum
If you can what we need you to do in ubuntu, open a terminal type in inxi -N [inxispace-N]
and copy/paste the result back here

Bwiz
Hey Brickwizar, I am having the same issue on my inxi -N reads :
Network:
Device-1: MEDIATEK driver: N/A

I have scoured the web looing for terminal command solves and through mediatek to find device drivers, to no avail.. Please help if you can.

Device-1: MEDIATEK driver: N/A
There are several MediaTek cards with different chipsets if you run inxi -Nn it should give the rest of the details MT*********

There are several MediaTek cards with different chipsets if you run inxi -Nn it should give the rest of the details MT*********
the rest is :

IF-ID-1: enxba904795b6ce state: up speed: N/A duplex: N/A
mac: ba:90:47:95:b6:ce

I also ran 'lshw -C network' and this is the info:

*-network
description: Network controller
product: MEDIATEK Corp.
vendor: MEDIATEK Corp.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
logical name: /dev/fb0
version: 00
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pciexpress msi pm cap_list fb
configuration: depth=32 latency=0 mode=1920x1080 visual=truecolor xres=1920 yres=1080
resources: iomemory:7c0-7bf memory:7cf0200000-7cf02fffff memory:c0500000-c0507fff
*-network
description: Ethernet interface
physical id: c
bus info: usb@1:1
logical name: enxba904795b6ce
serial: ba:90:47:95:b6:ce
capabilities: ethernet physical
configuration: broadcast=yes driver=ipheth driverversion=6.5.5-060505-generic ip=172.20.10.6 link=yes multicast=yes

Last edited:
the rest is :
it should give you a chipset number Starting MT

there are 2 current Mediatek chipsets MediaTek Filogic 330 (MT7922) and MediaTek Filogic 320 (MT7921P/T) some of the older ones used Realtek chipsets [they would have a number starting RTL]

it should give you a chipset number Starting MT

there are 2 current Mediatek chipsets MediaTek Filogic 330 (MT7922) and MediaTek Filogic 320 (MT7921P/T) some of the older ones used Realtek chipsets [they would have a number starting RTL]
That is a part of the issue I am running into, as that information is not being shown and I am having a really hard time finding any information on it.. I have called into mediatek for support but im waiting on a reply.

How old is the machine? what's the make and full model number?

[leave the information and I will see if I can find anything on my tomorrow..]

How old is the machine? what's the make and full model number?

[leave the information and I will see if I can find anything on my tomorrow..]
2 weeks old, acer aspire a315-24PT I am on the phone with acer and they arent able to help at all.. The specs showing online give me Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX which is showing up linked to Mediatek MT7921AU/MT7921AUN

Members online