Timeshift & Similar Solutions - Safeguard & Recover Your Linux

I was going to do it manually after every update.

You can achieve that under Settings - schedule, but we need to talk more about that RON, so suggest you leave as is for now.

Turn it back on again, please.

Try not to get ahead of me, I understand your keenness. I was there back in 2010. Still am, somewhat.

Why did I just now notice the wizard in your banner typing at a keyboard? On that thought, why hasn't a wizard waved his wand to upgrade the monitor an updated flat screen?

Think of it like teaching a class - you can only go as fast as the slowest student can absorb, at the same time you do not want to hold a gifted student back or they may get bored and frustrated.

I turned in back exactly as it was.

I know you don't want me to get ahead of you, but this seems like an important question.
The settings say it will keep 5. That would delete the ones I know I want to keep. Is there a way to keep certain ones from being deleted?

Answered previously, but to save you searching late at night, I said that by placing comments against a snapshot, it overrides the Culling Schedule set.

An internet search say that leaving comments will prevent deletion of certain shots

I think that was the night my brain got overwhelmed and I had to do a reset.

That screenshot was snapshots of 28 different Linux Distros I have on that drive, but the point is they are all there.

I have an exercise for you to perform (one of several), but it may be something you would rather do tomorrow.

I remember you telling me to give it a name. I'm not saying you didn't tell me. I remember trying to keep up with where the conversation was because of all the threads and the notifications confusing me so much!

I'm getting tired. Later would probably be better.

Absolutely fine.

I'll cobble it together while you are sleeping.

I don't know if you saw my post that the graphics are better tonight.

BTW, I don't drink. I have an allergy. That's why I never use that reaction. Just so you know.
It seems to be a popular reaction. It just means more beer for you, you can have mine!

Staff online