Today's article is a nice, short, easy article...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
In today's article, you get to kill a user (session).

No, this isn't something many folks here will need. But, if you're running a server with multiple users, this is something you'll want to know how to do. Eventually, HR is going to knock on your door and ask you to kill a user session before they tell the other end user that they've lost their job. You know, stuff like that.

This would also sort of be useful if you found unknown users - but if it has reached that point you've done something terribly wrong. Well, maybe not you in particular, but somebody has.

It's just a quick article, as I didn't have all that much time (and motivation was lacking a bit - I've written a whole lot of these things).

I always knew KG was a ruthless killer at heart. :)

There are times when I don't just kill - I killall!

When you're making a session of killing users, it helps to procure automatic weapons beforehand.

When you're making a session of killing users, it helps to procure automatic weapons beforehand.

Hmm... You could probably write a script that would automatically kill all the users. There's probably a better way, but I'd probably start by using awk to grab the first column from the output of who and go from there.

Members online