Ubuntu 22.04 - 404 Not Found & 502 Bad Gateway Error

Jonah04

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
I am currently running Ubuntu 22.04 and every time I run sudo apt update I get a 404 and 502 error for certain repositories. I tried changing the mirror but that did not solve the problem. Any possible solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-04-29 19-29-03.png
    Screenshot from 2022-04-29 19-29-03.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 271

None of the ones giving you errors are from Ubuntu, except the one Launchpad PPA where they don't have a release file for Jammy. They likely haven't updated in a while and don't have it ready for 22.04 - thus highlighting one of the many problems with using PPAs in ways they were never meant to be used.

Can you post the output of this terminal commnad:
Code:
inxi -r

Are you by any chance running a vpn ?

Can you post the output of this terminal commnad:
Code:
inxi -r
Here is the output of the terminal command mentioned above:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-04-30 07-44-59.png
    Screenshot from 2022-04-30 07-44-59.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 294
First, thing disable the PPA for gezoakovas It has not Jammy candidate at this time. It may be possible to work around it by changing the release to focal , but there is danger in doing that also. Because you mixing packages from different releases. I would disable it and just re enable it to check every once in a while to see if it's been updated.
Second, I would disable the etcher line also as they don't currently have a good authentication key.
etcher can be downloaded as an appimage and run from there and works fine no need to have it in the repository.

Last edited:
First, thing disable the PPA for gezoakovas It has not Jammy candidate at this time. It may be possible to work around it by changing the release to focal , but there is danger in doing that also. Because you mixing packages from different releases. I would disable it and just re enable it to check every once in a while to see if it's been updated.
Second, I would disable the etcher line also as they don't not currently have a good authentication key.
etcher can be downloaded as an appimage and run from there and works fine no need to have it in the repository.
Thanks for your help! Disabling the PPAs worked for me.

You can run Unetbootin from the bin file, until they update their PPA - https://unetbootin.github.io/linux_download.html and grab the 64bit binary

from where you save the 64bit - right click the bin file select Properties-Permission then put a check mark in "Allow this file to run as a program" and close the file - now open a terminal there where the file is stored and run -
Code:
sudo ./unetbootin-linux64-702.bin
type in your password and it will run

Staff online

Members online