Ubuntu Template for Hyper-V VMM

Trabucco

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone,

I've been trying to create an Ubuntu template for VMM for a while. I was able to create the VM, and both LIS and the VMM Agent are installed.

Cloning works without any problems, the template could be created, and VMs can also be created from the template, but only without an OS profile.

However, an OS profile is necessary in this case, as various customizations are provided from external sources through the OS profile (in a second step, although currently, I would be happy if I could just create the VM with an OS profile directly via VMM).

When I add an OS profile, it gets stuck at 99% at the point 1.6 Customize virtual machine.

After an hour, it breaks off with the following error:

Error (23343) The shut down action on the virtual machine 'XXXX' timed out on host 'XXXXX' after waiting for 60 minutes.

When the VM is shut down via the Hyper-V Manager (Turn off) while it is at 99%, it also appears to be properly set up, and the job is displayed as successful.

What I have also tested is that I have not set a root password on the template VM, as well as a runonce script in the template, all unfortunately with the same result.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance and regards.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm wresting with it myself
Hey no not really, I made a workaround, I created the Template without OS profile, this way the VM gets build correctly and I do the customizations through scripts in a second step

Thanks for your reply, I'm glad to hear I am not the only one.
A custom script seems to be where I'm headed, but I will reply back if I find anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts