[UNSOLVED] ventoy UEFI causing system to freeze.

It looks to me that you have a bunch of snaps installed and there in may lay your problem. I have no snaps install on my debian 12 and never have a problem with it freezing. Just a thought.
I concur - why use snaps on Debian ? That's an Ubuntu/Canonical thing

I concur - why use snaps on Debian ? That's an Ubuntu/Canonical thing
yeah right. but i use mikrotik router and router uses winbox application which is not available in linux need to be run via wine and i was too lazy to do it on my own :). but i now i have uninstalled it lets see if it still crashes since its a random thing but usually happens once everyday

You can go here - https://mikrotik.com/download and there is a cli version Linux there Netinstall (CLI Linux)
Thanks i will look into it but back to original post. I was reading the journalctl -f then i found out the error. After this error my linux stopped and you can see i was about to take screenshot but could bcz it hanged on me. First it killed copyq then killed firefox and follows starts to kill every application and hangs to dead
1710593056366.png

@CaffeineAddict, in post #2 it is clear that the graphics card is intel, the driver is i915, the machine is running wayland and xwayland, and the kernel is 6.1.0-18 :)
Found the repeated error code. --> https://pastebin.com/nNG5iMap

I have tried to disable tpm echo "blacklist tpm_tis" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/tpm_tis.conf
and i have disabled swap still i get the error

after this error the system breaks always

Last edited:
In my Dell BIOS I can disable TPM from there, might be similar in your BIOS

I see this on your paste bin - prisoner-deb-asus firefox-esr.desktop[4181]: Exiting due to channel error
Try disabling hardware acceleration - Settings>General>Performance and uncheck it

In my Dell BIOS I can disable TPM from there, might be similar in your BIOS

I see this on your paste bin - prisoner-deb-asus firefox-esr.desktop[4181]: Exiting due to channel error
Try disabling hardware acceleration - Settings>General>Performance and uncheck it
Already did even switched browser. In my model I don't see any tpm option in my bios

Looking at the spec's in post #2 I found that your Asus model # UV310UAK is a Zenbook that came with Windows 10.
Here's the motherboard manual it may be handy to have around.

Make sure your Secure Boot State (pg. 57 in the manual) is 'disabled'--
Disable the 'Fast Boot' as well in the boot section of your BIOS if you haven't already.

When I looked in the manual I didn't find a way to disable the TPM either.
Look in the 'Advanced' section of your BIOS......being able to disable the TPM might be hiding in that section.

Is the Windows 10 partitions still on your Asus?

That's a really nice laptop!

IF you didn't upgrade to Windows 11 you should still be able to enter EZ Mode.
How To Disable TPM Support Asus

@mukto6121 wrote:
Found the repeated error code
It's possible to disable TPM with the tpm_clear command from the tpm-tools package which may need to be installed if it's not present in the filesystem.

If the command: lsmod, outputs any tpm modules, it's those modules that can be blacklisted to shut down tpm. There may however, not be be any modules with "tpm" in their name. In viewing the module output in the log posted in post #13, I can't identify any tpm modules loaded, so blacklisting may not be effective. Better eyes than mine may see more.

In the output from the pastebin link in post #25, the tracker-miner-fs program is failing. It's not an essential program and can be disabled with systemd or safely removed with apt. I can't say if it's involved in freezes.

It's questionable that disabling swap will help the system.

Perhaps after removing snaps, clearing tpm or disabling tpm, removing tracker-miner-fs, enabling swap (if disabled) you could report on the freeze situation.

If the package: firmware-misc-nonfree, is not installed for the i915 graphics driver, that package ought to be installed since it includes significant i915 blobs.

It's not installed on my Debian 12 system so it may not be on OP system.

Code:
dpkg -L firmware-misc-nonfree
dpkg-query: package 'firmware-misc-nonfree' is not installed
Use dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list archive files contents.
alex@devartbox:~$

FWIW, I don't use swap and stopped using it a long time ago. It held up the boot process on my Debian 10 and 11 systems repeatably.

Last edited:
That's a really nice laptop!

IF you didn't upgrade to Windows 11 you should still be able to enter EZ Mode.
How To Disable TPM Support Asus
Disabled fast boot and secure boot. Could find any sign of tpm in the bios. I even checked if there is any updated asus website doesnt had any updated after release. Even in EZ mode.

Disabled fast boot and secure boot. Could find any sign of tpm in the bios. I even checked if there is any updated asus website doesnt had any updated after release. Even in EZ mode.
Sorry to hear you couldn't find a way in your BIOS to disable the TPM.

Try running the lsmod command so you can see if there are any TPM mod's listed in the output.

Reading some of the log you posted on pastebin, there is a TPM error on line #58. I'll read more of the log when I can.
Gotta go for now-
Be back later.

@mukto6121 wrote:

It's possible to disable TPM with the tpm_clear command from the tpm-tools package which may need to be installed if it's not present in the filesystem.

If the command: lsmod, outputs any tpm modules, it's those modules that can be blacklisted to shut down tpm. There may however, not be be any modules with "tpm" in their name. In viewing the module output in the log posted in post #13, I can't identify any tpm modules loaded, so blacklisting may not be effective. Better eyes than mine may see more.

In the output from the pastebin link in post #25, the tracker-miner-fs program is failing. It's not an essential program and can be disabled with systemd or safely removed with apt. I can't say if it's involved in freezes.

It's questionable that disabling swap will help the system.

Perhaps after removing snaps, clearing tpm or disabling tpm, removing tracker-miner-fs, enabling swap (if disabled) you could report on the freeze situation.

If the package: firmware-misc-nonfree, is not installed for the i915 graphics driver, that package ought to be installed since it includes significant i915 blobs.

sudo tpm_clear -l debug
Tspi_Context_Create success
Tspi_Context_Connect failed: 0x00003011 - layer=tsp, code=0011 (17), Communication failure
Tspi_Context_FreeMemory success
Tspi_Context_Close success

~ via  v18.19.0
❯ sudo tpm_clear -f
Tspi_Context_Connect failed: 0x00003011 - layer=tsp, code=0011 (17), Communication failure

I guess i could ignore the above message? bcz googling didnt found any issue with those message.
firmware-misc-nonfree is already the newest version.
Remove tracker-miner-fs
I dont think swap has to do with anything but if it fails again i will enable swap

Sorry to hear you couldn't find a way in your BIOS to disable the TPM.

Try running the lsmod command so you can see if there are any TPM mod's listed in the output.

Reading some of the log you posted on pastebin, there is a TPM error on line #58. I'll read more of the log when I can.
Gotta go for now-
Be back later.
lsmod | grep -i tpm

tpm_infineon 20480 0
tpm_tis_spi 16384 0

And i forgot to mention the system is on whole debian partition so no windows.

If this were my machine I would go into rescue mode to blacklist.

Create a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist file if you don't already have one and blacklist those modules.
Code:
blacklist driver-name

Reboot:-

sudo tpm_clear -l debug
Tspi_Context_Create success
Tspi_Context_FreeMemory success
Tspi_Context_Close success

~ via  v18.19.0
❯ sudo tpm_clear -f

I guess i could ignore the above message? bcz googling didnt found any issue with those message.
firmware-misc-nonfree is already the newest version.
Remove tracker-miner-fs
I dont think swap has to do with anything but if it fails again i will enable swap
I was reading online that the tracker-miner -fs was causing some Ubuntu users to have high CPU usage.
Yeah, I don't think swap is involved either. You'll find out by what you do.

Looking in my rootfs modprobe was easy to find. See attachment-

Attachments

• Modprobe.png
    Modprobe.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts