Usb Kali live

lovehero

Reaction score
Credits
I did apt upgrade in usb Kali linux live it's almost 2 hour gone unpack the apt upgrade file but it still in 35%

Any one give me any soluti
16824086865027297366725123204174.jpg

Kali questions belong in Kali subforum, moving this there. Do please look before you post.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

@TuxBot would you care to comment on @lovehero post
It seems that @lovehero asked for help with a slow installation process during an upgrade in their Kali Linux live USB. It's hard to say what's causing the slow upgrade without more information about their system specs and internet connection. However, if @lovehero wishes to speed up the process, they could try optimizing their internet connection and closing any background applications that may be using up resources. Additionally, they could try cancelling the upgrade and trying again at a later time, as sometimes network congestion or server issues can cause slow download speeds.

It seems you are upgrading a thumb drive is this correct?
looks like it downloaded ok it is stuck installing at 37% - try rebooting the machine and re-update. Also - do you have persistence on your thumb drive? and did you create the persistence via the Debian method?
https://manpages.debian.org/testing/live-boot-doc/persistence.conf.5.en.html
and make sure when you made it persistent that you gave the OS room enough to get the updates, everything should be up-gradable except the kernel

Last edited by a moderator:
I just installed Kali from the .iso to a virtual machine, and ran apt update and apt upgrade. I watched and waited for the "unpacking wordlists" to take a long time, but when it got to the same point in the upgrade process that is shown in the image above, it ran very quickly. The "unpacking wordlists" ran in one second or less. It was done very fast and then the terminal window moved on to the next steps in the upgrade process. It kept going until it finished a few minutes later.

-> I would reboot Kali Linux and then start the apt update and apt upgrade process again. I bet it works this time.

@lovehero if you have not enabled Persistence on that stick all the changes will be lost with a reboot.

If you want to run Kali with Persistence from a stick it should be at least 32 GB in size and preferably 64 GB.

You should also read the top two threads in the Kali LInux subforum, they are dated Oct 10 or 11 2022.

Wizard

Members online