What Games do you play or have you played on Linux?

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
What Games do you play or have you played on Linux that you would recommend to others?

@wizard I put this topic in the off-topic section since it's off-topic but I think it would also fit in the Linux Gaming because then people posting problems with games they are having come cross games they might want to play as well on Linux.

Last edited:

Flight Gear Flight Simulator.

I've run this but TBH it's a big PITA to setup and get started.
It can be download from the Linux repository's so yeah it's free.

Flight Gear flight simulator is not bad if you're willing to go through all of the painstaking setup and loading of planes and scenery etc.

Eventually I believe Flight Gear flight simulator will come together and evolve into what other PC flight simulators are nowadays but until then Flight Gear is what it is.

I play Dying Light myself on linux, it is an amazing game i used to play on release but i lost access to my Xbox One; when i found out weeks ago that it was on Steam and supported linux i was super happy. Currently playing and almost finished the game :)

Not a big gamer. I have never owned a gaming console or a computer with enough power to play most modern games.
I have installed:
Crossfire
Minetest
Neverball
Neverputt
SuperTux
SuperTuxKart
ninvaders
pacman4console
kobodeluxe
lbreakout2
world war vi
xgalaga
PySol

Last edited:
I regularly play Minecraft on Linux, but it doesn't count into the "Gameplay on linux AAA titles or cross-platform compatibility stuff", neither even Linix native gaming resources. It is a plain Java game and it works exactly the same everywhere. There's no native dependencies or compatibility layers.

I've played Assassins' Creed Origins and Elite: Dangerous Horizons with mixed results. Tested other games here and there, but not real gameplay. AC Origins was underperforming by 30 FPS less than on Windows (same machine), while EDH had the same in-game performance but much longer initial loading times.

AC Origins was underperforming by 30 FPS less than on Windows (same machine).
FPS isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to measuring performance. It's a combination of FPS(Frame rendering), GPU usage and CPU usage. I play that game as well, what fps are you getting on Windows?

FPS isn't the only thing that matters when it comes to measuring performance. It's a combination of FPS(Frame rendering), GPU usage and CPU usage. I play that game as well, what fps are you getting on Windows?
I recall having a consistent 70 FPS on Windows and 40 FPS at best on Manjaro about 2 years ago, on an Nvidia GTX1070 (plain --non Ti), using a 1440p display

What makes a good game good.
I have played many games over the years. I don't know how many, but over 6000 games that for sure. I own 1800+ alone on steam.
So for me, a good game is when you can feel that people behind the game love what they do and want to make a good game which is why all 3-A games in the last five years are bad in my opening.

Some of the games I loved the most over the years on PC have to be.

Half-Life(The orginal)Doom(1-2)
Duke Nukem 3DWolfenstein 3D
Counter-Strike(mod to HL)Counter-Strike: Source
age of empires(1-2)Heroes of Might & Magic(1-2)
Fallout(The 5 First Games)Amorous
Halo(Before it came on PC)Risen (1-3)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R(1-3)Resident Evil(1-2 Orginal)
Deus Ex(1-3)Angels with Scaly Wings
The Elder Scrolls(3-5)Mass Effect (1-3 Legendary Edition fix it on pc)
Metro (1-2)The Outer Worlds
Overlord (1-2)Serious Sam(The First 2 Games)
BioShock(1-2)

And Many more

I recall having a consistent 70 FPS on Windows and 40 FPS at best on Manjaro about 2 years ago, on an Nvidia GTX1070 (plain --non Ti), using a 1440p display
I get between 120 and 130 fps using an RX 6700XT, I use mangohud to track the stats.

I didn't like AC Origins don't think i ever completed it because of it. I love the two first AC games after that; they kind of feel the same for me, so i didn't really play them i do own them all, i think.

Some of the games I loved the most over the years on PC have to be.
I've played Half Life and last summer I played Black Mesa, that was really one of the best games I have played in a while as the whole experience. Doom 2016 was also really good too, I do play Doom Eternal but I found Doom 2016 to be a better game experience.

I didn't like AC Origins don't think i ever completed it because of it. I love the two first AC games after that; they kind of feel the same for me, so i didn't really play them i do own them all, i think.
I played one the older AC's games(forgot which one) a long time ago on my PS3 but didn't complete it. I bought Origins and Odyssey for PC(I actually bought them because I thought it would be fun to play the new games from the first one on) but I'm currently kind of stuck and that's what I dislike about RPG's is having to find new quests to be able to continue leveling. I do think it's a good game so far.

I do play Doom Eternal but I found Doom 2016 to be a better game experience.
I don't like Doom 2016. It's too slow past and too many areas with no fighting, so you get high, and then all of that adrenaline is wasted on finding out where to go, and it's even worst in Eternal. Also, i find both games way too easy.

I played one the older AC's games(forgot which one) a long time ago on my PS3 but didn't complete it. I bought Origins and Odyssey for PC(I actually bought them because I thought it would be fun to play the new games from the first one on) but I'm currently kind of stuck and that's what I dislike about RPG's is having to find new quests to be able to continue leveling. I do think it's a good game so far.
I don't know. I don't like the mechanic in Odyssey, and it reminds me of too many other games i don't understand why they changed the game that much. It is not close to being the same game as the first was and was too similar to so many others i just didn't want to play it and end up stopping.

Why does everything have to be an open world? Just look at metal gear solid 5. That was a shitty game and killed MGS for me. Even the new Halo game killed the whole game for me, i am not gonna complete it and waste my time on it, and I'm a big Halo fan. Now I'm not; I'm tired of being assfuck by AAA companies.

I still have a bunch of the Metro games in my Steam library which I bought at some point since they were on sale. I think I will try this one first since I'm tired of having to find the next quest to continue leveling.
Looking at ProtonDB it looks like it runs native. :cool:

I still have a bunch of the Metro games in my Steam library which I bought at some point since they were on sale. I think I will try this one first.
you do know they fallow a storyline

you do know they fallow a storyline
Yeah I do I usually play the one I want to play, is it better to play them in order, is that the order they came out the way you listed them?