What Happens After Big Tech is Finally Abolished

• Thread starter Deleted member 111282
  • Start date
So 2 guys start GitHub in their "garage", a place to share code. Big tech programmers use it. MS comes along for 7.5 billion dollars hard to refuse. At the same time one of the guys was accused of being a jerk. Not a people person just like Linus was. Hard to turn down. Stand on principles or sell? They sold. Lure of money goes a long way.
Hell yes they sold 7.5 billion dollars screw principles I'd rather be rich.

So 2 guys start GitHub in their "garage", a place to share code. Big tech programmers use it. MS comes along for 7.5 billion dollars hard to refuse. At the same time one of the guys was accused of being a jerk. Not a people person just like Linus was. Hard to turn down. Stand on principles or sell? They sold. Lure of money goes a long way.

Being that GitHub started in 2008, things were somewhat different back then. Because Big Tech has gotten into more controversies since then (such as censorship and political bias), and Snowden leaked info about Prism back in 2013, people have become somewhat more leery about Big Tech and have turned to sites like prism-break.org for software that can reduce it's influence.

I mentioned the whole Apple thing because I just saw that in Tech news and went on a rant. I am all about free speech and Liberty. We need "safe spaces" from gov as well as BT. When that subject is mentioned politicians go into Big brother mode. Like if you need VPN's and blah blah.. what are you trying to hide? My response is anything you want to know. None of your business.

I have my work smart phone, always with me, WiFi, Bluetooth and location services are all off. My personal phone is a flip phone. Sits on a desk mostly off. Use WiFi for a tablet, Update my Linux Laptops, but have a Cat cable I just plug in mostly. Have a driveway camera, it is dedicated to its own little monitor on a set freq, not WiFi. Not paranoid just a get off my lawn kinda guy.

Hell yes they sold 7.5 billion dollars screw principles I'd rather be rich.

When someone bangs on your door to offer you significant sums for your business, it's really easy to say yes.

When someone bangs on your door to offer you significant sums for your business, it's really easy to say yes.
I know I would say yes for such an amount.

I know I would say yes for such an amount.

I'd have a hard time believing anyone who said they wouldn't, unless they were already independently wealthy (or thought they could hold out for more).

When I sold my company, it wasn't for sale. The now-parent company came and offered to buy the company. It wasn't anywhere near 7.5 billion dollars, but it was a healthy sum. Someone good at doxxing could probably find the SEC paperwork online and find the exact number, as the parent company is a publicly traded company.

The first thing I did was say that I'd think about it and then I spoke to many of my employees. I employed about 230 employees at the time and I spoke with many of them. The general consensus was that I'd have to be an idiot to not take the money and run.

So, I sold for a wad of bills and a number of shares in the now-parent company. I regret nothing.

I take it that those of you who'd rather value money over principles don't realize that the US dollar, and similar currencies, are fiat currencies (currencies backed only by governments declaring it's value), and the only reason they still exist is because the psychopathic banking cartels, through the use of government force, want control every aspect of humanity. Here's info for anyone who wants to know more about fiat currencies: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fiatmoney.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
While I generally agree Sponge.....I look at it differently. I give someone a piece of paper, they give me something I want. Picture of someone on paper, or a sea shell, currency is Tea, Salt, Sugar....gold, etc...

Gold is pretty, and it has value because people want it. I know economics and all, but I still get that little kid joy when I bought like a pound, well it used to be a pound now 11 ounces of coffee. 4 bucks. I likes coffee, and for 4 pieces of paper I can make about 20 pots of coffee, or 240 cups. As long as I has enough to live and do what I want I pretty much don't care about the gov debt.

If you take life too seriously you'll never get out of it alive....... :D I really like freedom and liberty, for the moment we still have that in the US. There are always gonna be the MS and Apples, Googly's of the world, the politicians etc... If you live in a condo there is the HOA President who was picked on as a kid that says you MUST obey the rules. Nature of people ends up being to control someone else because they have little control over their own misery. I choose not to join the miserable. I will never consider myself a victim. I know history, and it can get bad out here, and will, always repeats. For now I am okay just playing the game.

I take it that those of you who'd rather value money over principles
Not necessarily so.

All human's have a level of greed and want that's normal and part of being human.

An individual with that amount of financial capital could sponsor whatever projects they believe would best benefit the FOSS world and anything else that individual wanted to.

I know sounds kinda corney however could become a reality with that amount of monetary capital.

I'd like to know how it feels having 7.5 billion dollars to do with whatever I want to. :cool:

Gold is pretty, and it has value because people want it. I know economics and all, but I still get that little kid joy when I bought like a pound, well it used to be a pound now 11 ounces of coffee. 4 bucks. I likes coffee, and for 4 pieces of paper I can make about 20 pots of coffee, or 240 cups. As long as I has enough to live and do what I want I pretty much don't care about the gov debt.

To some extent, you sound like you see money and gold through the eyes of Scrooge McDuck, instead of through the eyes (or microscope) of a geologist (which, unfortunately, is common among the masses)

If you take life too seriously you'll never get out of it alive....... :D

Life is always a tightrope walk because there's good and bad things happening all over. Even though there's plenty of things that bring to my piss to a boil (whether it's an argument with my parents or some unfortunate soul being the victim of human trafficking), I'm aware that everything will come to an end at some point, and there's plenty of wonderful things humanity has to offer. My dad, on the other hand, often doesn't see life the same way (lets just say he's numerous examples of the Ugly American pejorative) and would rather have the Grim Reaper put him out of misery instead.

I really like freedom and liberty, for the moment we still have that in the US.

You like the illusion of freedom and liberty. Try not paying taxes or the electricity bill and see what happens. Despite the sales pitches you get during every election, it doesn't at all matter which puppet gets on the throne, because they're in bed with those in high positions of power, especially those who control the money supply (and its those same "beings" (they don't deserve to be called "human") that put them in power in the first place). To get a taste of real freedom and liberty, I'd recommend getting out of the rat race, stop doing whatever someone tells you just because they want to go on a power trip, and live a simplistic lifestyle by becoming a nomad. Here's a video series I highly recommend watching: https://www.youtube.com/c/TimothyWard While we're on the topic of money, I'd also recommend looking into the gift economy, as this guy did:

There are always gonna be the MS and Apples, Googly's of the world, the politicians etc...

Saying "There are always gonna be" without giving any concrete evidence to support your claims (you couldn't if you tried) is a pants-on-head-retarded argument. Sears, Circuit City, and Radioshack are 3 companies that were once widely-successful, but because of controversies and bad business practices, now they've been relegated to online-only stores (here's the links for them sears.com, circuitcity.com, radioshack.com), and even then, they're nowhere near as successful as Amazon (I'm not praising Amazon, I'm just comparing it to them). The Roman Empire conquered Europe, parts of Africa, and Asia, and eventually it collapsed. The same thing can and will happen to modern governments when enough people are finally out of the herd mindset, and strong and capable enough to create a legitimate opposition (the creation of the internet has allowed the anarchist movement to gain traction, which is how I became one).

If you live in a condo there is the HOA President who was picked on as a kid that says you MUST obey the rules.

While living in a condo, house, or an apartment are the norm, there's plenty of people who don't live in them. The guy from the gift economy video lives in a cave (yes, it may seem archaic to live like that, but because he's an outdoorsy kind of person, he doesn't mind it). Some people live in their RVs year round, and some businesses (depending on the local ordinances) are kind enough to let them stay in the parking lot overnight (I'm sure the catch involves buying something first), or they'll stay at a truck stop. While squatting is often frowned upon, because most of the people doing that just break and enter and claim the property as their own, there is a way to squat somewhere without making it look bad. For example, I would create my own company one day, buy an office building for it, and turn the top floor into a pent house for my future family. The company would be paying the property taxes and utility bills, and I would pay them rent (that is if the gift economy isn't more prominent then).

Nature of people ends up being to control someone else because they have little control over their own misery. I choose not to join the miserable.

Controlling people isn't a "natural" thing, its a learned behavior and perpetuated by those with Narcissistic Personality Disorder or a superiority complex. What scares control freaks the most is their intended victim having the courage to put their foot down and stand up to them, mainly because control freaks often are insecure wimps trying to act like tough guys. While there's plenty of terrible things that happen to people (ex: someone either dying, being injured, or being paralyzed because of a car accident), there's also plenty of terrible things that people inadvertently bring upon themselves (usually this happens when the person's a well-trained sheep who just does whatever they're told).

I will never consider myself a victim. I know history, and it can get bad out here, and will always repeat. For now I am okay just playing the game.

By "being okay with playing the game", you're essentially saying you're perfectly fine with being played. You also don't seem like a person who's taken the time to think about how to not be. Because of that, you are a victim. I'm not saying I'm any better or worse than you are (because I'm just as much of a victim as you are), but I'm not someone who views whatever inhumane agenda the puppet masters push as the norm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it that those of you who'd rather value money over principles don't realize that the US dollar, and similar currencies, are fiat currencies (currencies backed only by governments declaring it's value), and the only reason they still exist is because the psychopathic banking cartels, through the use of government force, want control every aspect of humanity. Here's info for anyone who wants to know more about fiat currencies: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fiatmoney.asp
I guess you could also quote Robert Kiosaki

First thing I'd ask is when and where can I pick up the cashiers check and complete the transaction.

Not necessarily so.

All human's have a level of greed and want that's normal and part of being human.

An individual with that amount of financial capital could sponsor whatever projects they believe would best benefit the FOSS world and anything else that individual wanted to.

I know sounds kinda corney however could become a reality with that amount of monetary capital.

I'd like to know how it feels having 7.5 billion dollars to do with whatever I want to. :cool:

Money gives the masses a false sense of security, and like them, you fell for the scam. The only reason I still use it is because I'm forced to for the time being. I've had a goal of hiring someone to create software for me that makes the gift economy more accessible to people, and after it's been completed and widely-deployed, I'll be giving the banking cartels the finger.

I guess you could also quote Robert Kiosaki

I've watched a few of his videos. While I agree with what he says about never working for a paycheck (because doing the opposite puts you in a position where you're not financially free), and getting a job (as opposed to a career) is for losers (because most jobs end up becoming dead-end), I'm not too familiar with him. That young woman he's with comes off as more robotic than Data from Star Trek (I think he purposely hired her because "gullible men will listen to whatever a hot girl says!"). I'm not sure why you brought him up in response to what I said about money being fake.

You like the illusion of freedom and liberty. Try not paying taxes or the electricity bill and see what happens. Despite the sales pitches you get during every election, it doesn't at all matter which puppet gets on the throne, because they're in bed with those in high positions of power, especially those who control the money supply (and its those same "beings" (they don't deserve to be called "human") that put them in power in the first place). To get a taste of real freedom and liberty, I'd recommend getting out of the rat race, stop doing whatever someone tells you just because they want to go on a power trip, and live a simplistic lifestyle by becoming a nomad. Here's a video series I highly recommend watching: https://www.youtube.com/c/TimothyWard While we're on the topic of money, I'd also recommend looking into the gift economy, as this guy did:
The structure(social, finance, etc.) of how we humans live has been built of many years. They aren't perfect and have flaws as well, but they have evolved over time going with the time and technology and they will continue to do so, as well as learning from those before us. I think it's looking at it a bit too shallow saying no one currently knows real freedom. Back in the middle ages, if you went against the king, church or someone else in a high place you would be put on a fake trial and then publicly executed or tortured. As for having to work it gives you something to do, what else am I going to if I am not working. Hell I get bored after 4 weeks of vacation and then I look forward to getting back to work. Ying Yang, there is not black without white or there is no happiness without sadness, you can't have one without the other.

Last edited:
Also according to your definition of freedom it would mean that the last people who experienced real freedom was before social, financial and other structures were created. Also keep in mind we humans tend to want to be a part of something and feel connected to others, as well as solving problems. When there were no laws and everybody went out to kill everybody they hated then, that would cause a problem for the survival of humans. Then some people thought out a structure to prevent people from killing each other and eventually the Law and Order became a structure, just as an example.

Last edited:
Money gives the masses a false sense of security, and like them, you fell for the scam. The only reason I still use it is because I'm forced to for the time being. I've had a goal of hiring someone to create software for me that makes the gift economy more accessible to people, and after it's been completed and widely-deployed, I'll be giving the banking cartels the finger.
Exactly what scam are you saying I fell for.

I quote "Money gives the masses a false sense of security, and like them, you fell for the scam."

If you're implying that money is the scam and the false sense of security then YOU try living without it and see how that turns out.

I have a house payment and 2 car payment plus insurance on the house and cars a family to support etc and let me tell YOU that takes money.

To successfully maintain a normal everyday life above the poverty level the Wife and I both have to work and without money none of that is possible.

The structure(social, finance, etc.) of how we humans live has been built of many years. They aren't perfect and have flaws as well, but they have evolved over time going with the time and technology and they will continue to do so, as well as learning from those before us. I think it's looking at it a bit too shallow saying no one currently knows real freedom. Back in the middle ages, if you went against the king, church or someone else in a high place you would be put on a fake trial and then publicly executed or tortured. As for having to work it gives you something to do, what else am I going to if I am not working. Hell I get bored after 4 weeks of vacation and then I look forward to getting back to work. Ying Yang, there is not black without white or there is no happiness without sadness, you can't have one without the other. If I take what you say literally because you say I have no freedom then I might as well kill myself because there is really no point to live if I have no freedom.

Also according to your definition of freedom it would mean that the last people who experienced real freedom was before social, financial and other structures were created. Also keep in mind we human tend to want to be a part of something and feel connected to other, as well as solving problems. When there were no laws and everybody went out to kill everybody they hated then, that would cause a problem for the survival of humans. Then some people thought out a structure to prevent people from killing each other and eventually the Law and Order became a structure, just as an example.

I have a good prediction "the structure" wasn't created by random people at the time, but instead was created by those who wanted power, who then projected their ideas of how people should behave onto the very people they were talking about. Because they had an understanding of how human psychology worked, they used that to their advantage when it came to manipulating the masses into doing whatever they were told. One example of this was using the primitive superstitions of gods to explain how the world worked in ancient times. If they can say "This god is responsible for this", then they can easily say "This god wants you to do this, or all of these nasty things will happen to you!". They can even claim to be a messenger of this one god, and back then, the masses accepted what they said without question. From then on, they just needed to employ a carrot and stick approach to getting their subjects to obey, and that's been going on ever since.

As far as the creation of money goes, the earliest form of it (from what I read in a book back in college) was shells. Our ancestors found them fascinating at the time, and traded them to get tools, food, fur, or whatever they needed at the time. Over time, what was considered money had changed repeatedly, and they've always became some rare object. Because everyone wants what they don't have, money is used to control human behavior, and therefore, no one really is free.

To respond to what you said about work, yes, it gives you a purpose, and everyone who's able to do so should provide goods and services to someone else. But being that people become debt slaves when working for money, they never think about how work would still be necessary in a situation where money was abolished. When it comes to volunteer work (which I've completed), no one's forcing you to do anything, and you can quit whenever you want and have no repercussions.

While I agree that humans are naturally social creatures who want to feel connected to something, you can be social without following groupthink. As long you're being polite and respectful towards the group of people you're with, they'll obviously reciprocate that back to you. However, if you're going pull some law out of your anus to be control freak towards people, most of them will not want to be around you, and will most-likely jump you if they can single you out. Speaking of which (and I'm not intending to get political by saying this), "law and order" is not the same thing as freedom and justice. If anything, it's the excuse repeatedly made by tyrants to justify their inhumanity to man. You can't say that the worst atrocities would happen if people weren't being controlled, because the exact opposite is true, and has been unfortunately happening for thousands of years.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts