what is the most effective way to delete malicious software in Trisquel Sugar Toast 11 LTS Aramo in this POST case ?

ascampli

Reaction score
Credits
This POST case is: " You can´t use a computational device without malicious software because you don´t have and you can´t get a computational device without malicious software "

This POST case is: " You can´t use a computational device without malicious software because you don´t have and you can´t get a computational device without malicious software "
What validates the assumption inherent in the quote? It's a bit like asking a bachelor: "how is your wife?"

In the FOSS world, one tends to hear about malicious software fairly soon after it appears because there are so many eyes on it worldwide. One needs to differentiate between "vulnerabilities" and "malicious software", though the exploitation of a vulnerability may be malicious.

You can check some vulnerabilities that your cpu has mitigations against from the output of the command: lscpu.

TOPIC TITLE:
in Trisquel Sugar Toast 11 LTS Aramo

This is a distro which carries a few pieces of proprietary software, has a broken MATE desktop and is generally unfriendly to newbies migrating from Windows. So they could say pretty much whatever they want and it's like the wind blowing.

This is a distro which carries a few pieces of proprietary software, has a broken MATE desktop and is generally unfriendly to newbies migrating from Windows. So they could say pretty much whatever they want and it's like the wind blowing.
According to gnu here:

trisquel is one of their recommended free open source distros that reject proprietary software. Here is their text which evidently applies to trisquel:
These distros are ready-to-use full systems whose developers have made a commitment to follow the Free System Distribution Guidelines. This means they will include, and propose, exclusively free software. They will reject nonfree applications, nonfree programming platforms, nonfree drivers, nonfree firmware “blobs,” nonfree games, and any other nonfree software, as well as nonfree manuals or documentation.

If one of these distros ever does include or propose anything nonfree, that must have happened by mistake, and the developers are committed to removing it. If you find nonfree software or documentation in one of these distributions, you can report the problem, and earn GNU Bucks, while we inform the developers so they can fix the problem.

Computer hardware?
when i say computational device i am talking about the Trisquel Sugar Toast 11 LTS Aramo installation media;
can you all just please limit to answer my question saying which will be that method if it was possible that that distro gets infected by malicious software?

Good day Sir.

Good day Sir.
What is the most effective method that exist to delete malicious software in Trisquel Sugar Toast latest edition after the ,methods that include using installation medias withuot malicious software to delete malicious software in Trisquel Sugar Toast latest edition. Please tell me if the problem is that the question is not understandable or if it is imposible to delete malicious software in Trisquel Sugar Toast latest edition ?

Last edited:
The question appears to be "understandable". You wish to know how to remove malicious software in a particular version of trisquel, after a clean install which had no malicious software.

Although you've posed the question about a particular version of trisquel, the answer will apply to any distro.

Basically, if the malicious software has had root access to the distribution, the installation can be considered "corrupted" because today's installations are so complex that one would need extraordinary knowledge of all the software to go through it as root, routing out all the bad bits. The answer then is to re-install a new clean installation.

In order for a re-installation to not be too disruptive, one needs good thorough back ups, so understanding a bit about how to create and run them is probably the best protection there is against malicious attack. Thorough and proper back ups mean you don't lose anything, just a bit of time.

The answer then is to re-install a new clean installation.
Amen. Obviously after verifying the integrity of the freshly downloaded .iso
one needs good thorough back ups, so understanding a bit about how to create and run them is probably the best protection there is against malicious attack
Again, Amen

I have two questions : How was the presence of malware detected ? Was the correct verification technique followed ?

How was the presence of malware detected ?

I do not believe it has been. I believe the OP is asking for "just in case".

If what I have said is correct, then @ascampli you would be better served to ask questions of the Developers of Trisquel Sugar TOAST.

Let me explain for the Helpers and The Viewers who are not aware -

The OP is not talking about a plain,Vanilla Trisquel MATE.

He is referring to this

Trisquel Sugar TOAST

• 1.2 GB Live USB/DVD ISO image
  • Sugar learning environment

from https://trisquel.info/en/download
... although his may be from a slightly different URL as English is not his first language, hence "computational device" for Live USB stick.

TOAST is an acronym for

Trisquel On A Sugar Toast (TOAST): Based on the Sugar learning platform (v0.119), TOAST comes with dozens of educational activities for children.

Maybe something like Edubuntu?

In turn, for Sugar read here

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/What_is_Sugar?

Cheers

Wizard

I stand corrected. Like "Sugar on a Stick" Fedora Spin or something like that. Was thrown off by the "Toast" in the name. I have to stop eating what's provided by "Powdered Toast Man". :)