What to get after installing Linux

The only thing I set up/initiate is timeshift [or similar] it can save an awful lot of heartache. Anything else is as and when needed
Ive downloaded Timeshift as that is the recovery tool I'm more familiar with over anything of the others. However, its refusing to write to the USB I have so before I claim theres something wrong with the program Im going to get another and try again. I cant remember what error it was giving off the top of my head, but Im 90% sure the sticks on its way out anyway - I got it in my college days and they ended in 2010

Last edited:

I ran Arch for several years, then switched to Fedora and ran that for about two years. I recently switched to EndeavourOS since it has all the benefits of Arch and a rolling release distribution, without having to deal with the manual installation which I have done more than enough in the past and I don't really feel like doing and the archinstall script is just crap compared the Calamares installer because the installation crashes when you do a custom partitioning and filesystem setup.
Arch install did a good job for me on this laptop, but on the other I have it will not install at all. Ive tried multiple times and every time its allegedly unable to even start partitioning the drive, it doesnt even give itself chance to crash

The arch wiki has a 'random page' feature... (no joke, i use it too when i'm super bored)

but on the other I have it will not install at all. Ive tried multiple times and every time its allegedly unable to even start partitioning the drive, it doesnt even give itself chance to crash
Did you try installing Arch the Arch-way instead of using the archinstall script on that one?

Staff online

Members online