Where can I find cool images of year numbers?

Halvor Raknes

Reaction score
Credits
Where can I find cool images of year numbers? I'm looking for images with one year number on it with some nice graphics, and I am looking for sequences of year numbers (say from 1960 to 2024) with some slight variation in the design from one years to the next.

Where can I find cool images of year numbers? I'm looking for images with one year number on it with some nice graphics, and I am looking for sequences of year numbers (say from 1960 to 2024) with some slight variation in the design from one years to the next.
Dude, that sounds like a groovy project! There are a few places where you can find cool images of year numbers with nice graphics. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Shutterstock (www.shutterstock.com): They have a huge collection of images and vectors. Just search for "year numbers" and you should find what you're looking for.

2. Getty Images (www.gettyimages.com): Another dope website with a wide range of images. Give it a go and you might discover some rad year number designs.

3. Unsplash (www.unsplash.com): They offer high-quality, royalty-free images. While Unsplash might not focus specifically on year numbers, it's a great resource for finding cool graphics that you can incorporate into your designs.

As for finding sequences of year numbers with slight variations in design, you might need to get creative. Consider using graphic design software like Photoshop or Illustrator to modify existing images or create your own variations. Don't forget to let your imagination run wild, dude!

If you need any help or want some more suggestions, just drop me a line. I'm here to assist you, bro!

A second question; How do I add an image to an mp3 file?
Well, my friend, adding an image to an MP3 file is a pretty cool technique. It's known as embedding album artwork. There are a few ways you can do this, but let me give you a simple method using a popular command-line tool called FFmpeg.

First, make sure you have FFmpeg installed on your system. You can do this by running the following command in your terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

Once FFmpeg is installed, follow these steps:

1. Prepare your image: Save the desired image you want to add to the MP3 file in a suitable format like JPEG or PNG. Make sure the image has the correct dimensions, as some players may have specific requirements.

2. Open your terminal and navigate to the directory where your image and MP3 file are located.

3. Execute the following command, replacing "input.mp3" with the name of your MP3 file and "image.jpg" with the name of your image file:

Code:
ffmpeg -i input.mp3 -i image.jpg -map 0 -map 1 -c copy -id3v2_version 3 output.mp3

4. Let FFmpeg work its magic. It will combine the MP3 file and the image into a new MP3 file, which we've named "output.mp3" here.

5. Once the process is complete, the "output.mp3" file will have the desired image embedded in it. Now you can check it out using any compatible music player and see your artwork rocking it alongside the audio.

Remember, bro, to adjust the file names and paths according to your own setup. If you need further assistance or have more questions, don't hesitate to hit me up. I'm here to help you ride the wave of Linux awesomeness!

Can I replace an image by running the same command again?
No, my friend, running the same command again using FFmpeg won't replace the existing image in an MP3 file. The command I mentioned earlier will create a new MP3 file with the added image each time you run it.

To replace the image in an existing MP3 file using FFmpeg, you'll need to follow a slightly different approach. Here's what you can do:

1. Make sure you have the updated image ready. Save the new image you want to use with the same file format and suitable dimensions.

2. Open your terminal and navigate to the directory where your MP3 file is located.

3. Execute the following command, replacing "input.mp3" with the name of your MP3 file and "new_image.jpg" with the name of your updated image file:

Code:
shell
   ffmpeg -i input.mp3 -i new_image.jpg -map 0 -map 1 -c copy -id3v2_version 3 -metadata:s:v title="Album cover" -metadata:s:v comment="Cover (Front)" output.mp3

This command will replace the image in the existing MP3 file and create a new MP3 file named "output.mp3".

4. Once the command is completed, you'll have a new MP3 file with the updated image that you can check out using any compatible music player.

Remember to adjust the file names and paths according to your own setup. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. I'm always here to help you ride the Linux wave, dude!

Is there a way to save this thread as a pdf file so I can consult it later when I'm offline? I know I can save the page, but pages converted to pdf often look better, I think.

Is there a way to save this thread as a pdf file so I can consult it later when I'm offline? I know I can save the page, but pages converted to pdf often look better, I think.
Sure thing, dude! Saving the conversation as a PDF is a rad idea. Here's a simple way to achieve that:

1. Open a print dialog for the conversation page. You can usually find this option by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser's window and selecting "Print" from the dropdown menu. Alternatively, you can press "Ctrl + P" (or "Cmd + P" on macOS) as a shortcut.

2. In the print dialog, you want to change the destination to "Save as PDF". The exact steps may vary depending on your operating system and browser, but you should see an option to change the printer or destination. Look for "Save as PDF" or a similar choice and select it.

3. Customize the print settings as desired. You can adjust the paper size, margins, layout, and other options to ensure the PDF looks the way you want it to.

4. Finally, click on the "Save" or "Print" button to generate the PDF file. You'll be prompted to choose a location to save the file, so pick a suitable directory on your computer.

That's it! Once the PDF file is saved, you can access it at any time to review the conversation offline. It's a convenient way to have the information on hand, dude.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, just drop me a line. I'm here to help you ride the Linux wave and keep your information accessible, bro!

OK, another question: I have Linux Mint 21, and I wonder what app I would use if I need to resize or crop an image file to fit an mp3 file?

OK, another question: I have Linux Mint 21, and I wonder what app I would use if I need to resize or crop an image file to fit an mp3 file?
Dude, if you're rocking Linux Mint 21 and looking for an app to resize or crop an image to fit an MP3 file, I've got just the tool for you. Meet GIMP!

GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program, and it's a powerful open-source image editing software that has all the features you need. Here's how you can use GIMP to resize or crop your image:

1. Install GIMP if you haven't already. You can do this by opening a terminal and running the following command:

Code:
   sudo apt-get install gimp

2. Launch GIMP from your applications menu.

3. Open the image you want to resize or crop by clicking on "File" in the menu bar, then selecting "Open" and navigating to your image file.

4. To resize the image, click on the "Image" menu in the menu bar, then select "Scale Image". In the dialog box that appears, you can specify the new dimensions for your image. Make sure to set the width and height to match the desired size for your MP3 file.

5. To crop the image, click on the "Tools" menu in the menu bar, then select "Transform Tools" and click on "Crop". Use your mouse to draw a selection around the area you want to keep, and then hit the "Enter" key to apply the crop.

6. Once you're done resizing or cropping, save the modified image by clicking on "File" in the menu bar and selecting "Export As". Choose a suitable file name and location, and make sure to select a compatible file format like JPEG or PNG.

Now you have an image that fits perfectly with your MP3 file, bro! Feel free to rock it and show off your Linux Mint skills. If you need any more help or have additional questions, just give me a shout. I'm here to assist you in your Linux adventures!

Could you tell me which of the graphics sites are free? Shutterstock offers a one-month free trial, but I'd rather find a site that offers completely free material.

Could you tell me which of the graphics sites are free? Shutterstock offers a one-month free trial, but I'd rather find a site that offers completely free material.
Absolutely, dude! If you're looking for graphics sites that offer completely free material without any trial period or payment required, I've got your back. Here are some awesome sites where you can find free graphics:

1. Unsplash (www.unsplash.com): Unsplash is a fantastic resource for high-quality, royalty-free images. They have a vast collection of images contributed by photographers from around the world. You can use these images for personal and commercial projects without any attribution.

2. Pixabay (www.pixabay.com): Pixabay offers a wide range of free photos, illustrations, vectors, and videos. All the content on Pixabay is released under Creative Commons CC0, which means you can use it without attribution for any purpose.

3. Pexels (www.pexels.com): Pexels is another popular platform for free stock photos and videos. They curate their collection from various sources, ensuring high quality and a diverse range of content. The images and videos on Pexels are also released under the CC0 license.

These sites provide a plethora of awesome graphics that you can incorporate into your projects without spending a dime. They truly embody the spirit of free and open sharing, just like the Linux community.

If you need any more recommendations or have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm here to help you ride the wave of creativity and Linux awesomeness, bro!

One question about my *.m3u files: How can I perform a search an replace inside all of them?
Hey, dude! If you want to perform a search and replace operation inside all your .m3u files, you can harness the power of the command line and use a combination of tools like find, sed, and xargs. Here's how you can do it:

1. Open your terminal and navigate to the directory where your .m3u files are located.

2. Execute the following command to perform the search and replace operation:

Code:
find . -name '*.m3u' -exec sed -i 's/SEARCH/REPLACE/g' {} +

Replace "SEARCH" with the text you want to search for, and "REPLACE" with the replacement text you want. Make sure to include the single quotes around the sed command.

This command searches for all .m3u files in the current directory and its subdirectories and performs an in-place search and replace operation using sed.

3. The search and replace operation will be applied to all the .m3u files found, modifying them directly. The original files will be backed up with the extension ".bak".

Before you proceed, dude, I have to give you a heads up. Modifying files directly can be risky, so make sure you have a backup of your .m3u files before you run this command, just in case anything goes awry. It's always better to be safe than sorry, you know?

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. I'm here to help you ride the Linux command line like a pro, bro!

What if the SEARCH and/or REPLACE texts contain the '/' character?
Ah, good catch, dude! If your SEARCH or REPLACE texts contain the "/" character, it can interfere with the sed command since '/' is the delimiter used by sed. To handle this situation, you can use a different character as the sed delimiter. One commonly used alternative is the pipe character '|' but any character can be used as long as it doesn't appear in your search or replace strings. Here's an adjusted command that uses the pipe character as the delimiter:

Code:
find . -name '*.m3u' -exec sed -i 's|SEARCH|REPLACE|g' {} +

This command will perform the search and replace operation inside all .m3u files, treating the '|' character as the delimiter instead of '/'. Just replace "SEARCH" and "REPLACE" with the appropriate search and replace texts. Remember to include the single quotes around the sed command.

By using a different delimiter, you can avoid any clashes between the delimiter and the characters in your search and replace strings.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, just give me a shout. I'm here to help you navigate the Linux command line like a pro, dude!

How did you tell sed which new delimiter character to use? Did it simply look at the first character following the 's' and leading the 'g'?

How did you tell sed which new delimiter character to use? Did it simply look at the first character following the 's' and leading the 'g'?
Right on, dude! You got it spot on! When using the sed command, you can choose any character as the delimiter as long as it doesn't appear in the search or replace strings. The sed command looks at the first character after the 's' (which stands for substitution) and treats it as the delimiter.

So, in the command sed 's|SEARCH|REPLACE|g', the pipe character '|' serves as the delimiter. The sed command interprets this as "substitute the SEARCH string with the REPLACE string" and applies the substitution globally ('g').

Choosing a delimiter other than the forward slash '/' character can come in handy when your search or replace string contains slashes, so you don't have to escape them.

Remember, bro, the choice of delimiter is up to you as long as it doesn't appear in your search or replace strings. So, go ahead and rock the sed command with alternative delimiters like a true Linux surfer!

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, just let me know. I'm here to help you ride the Linux command line like a pro, dude!

Does 'globally' infer recursively? What other end parameters could there be?
Ah, my bad for the confusion, dude. When we talk about the 'g' flag in sed, it indicates a global replacement within each line of an individual file, not recursively across multiple files or directories.

To perform a recursive search and replace across multiple files or directories, you'll need to use additional tools in combination with sed, such as find and xargs. Here's an example of how you can achieve it:

Code:
find /path/to/directory -type f -name '*.m3u' -exec sed -i 's|SEARCH|REPLACE|g' {} +

Let me break it down for you:
  • find /path/to/directory: Specifies the directory where you want to perform the search.
  • -type f: Limits the search to only files (excluding directories).
  • -name '*.m3u': Searches for files with the extension '.m3u'. You can adjust the pattern to match your specific file names or extensions.
  • -exec sed -i 's|SEARCH|REPLACE|g' {} +: Executes the sed command with the search and replace pattern for each file found by find. The '{}' represents the placeholder for each file, and the '+' at the end optimizes the execution by passing as many files as possible to a single sed command.

Now, regarding the other flags for the sed command, in addition to 'g' (global), there are a few others you can use:
  • 'i': Performs the modification in a case-insensitive manner.
  • 'p': Prints the pattern space after any substitutions.
  • 'w file': Writes the output to a file, instead of modifying the original file in-place.

Each flag defines a specific behavior for the sed command, allowing you to fine-tune your search and replace operations.

If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to ask, dude! I'm here to help you ride the waves of the Linux command line!

Members online