Anyone switching back to Windows 11 for this awesome "feature"?

wow, I just read up on this and I foresee an influx of people coming into my shop to get rid of windows or at least disable all the anti-privacy in it. Keep up the good work microsoft, the best way to destroy something is from within.

Why do Linux users care what Microsoft is doing if ya really stopped using Windows.
Because even though I don't use Windows I still do care about the privacy of those Windows users because most of those people don't understand that MS and other companies are collecting or selling their data for profit and if they do they don't seem to understand what it means for their privacy.

Why do Linux users care what Microsoft is doing if ya really stopped using Windows.

I use Linux and have been since 2014 and could care less what is happening at the Microsoft camp.

Sure seems that a lot of Linux users on Linux forums sure seem to be concerned about what Microsoft is doing.

Kinda makes a body think that there is a lot of Windows users on Linux forums who claim to no longer use Windows but still are using Windows.

Why else would a user who claims to have left Windows OS and never looks back be so concerned about everything that Microsoft is doing.

I don't get it and probably never will.
because I do service windows for clients. So I need to know what to warn them about and what to be ready for. Ignoring your competition is a sure way to failure.

those of us professionals know that if you want stability and security you use Linux, if you want job security you get windows.

I use Linux and have been since 2014 and could care less what is happening at the Microsoft camp.

Sure seems that a lot of Linux users on Linux forums sure seem to be concerned about what Microsoft is doing.

Kinda makes a body think that there is a lot of Windows users on Linux forums who claim to no longer use Windows but still are using Windows.

Why else would a user who claims to have left Windows OS and never looks back be so concerned about everything that Microsoft is doing.

I don't get it and probably never will.

I'm just going to take an uneducated shot in the dark here and guess... just a simple guess here my friend. But it may be that we have loved ones that we care about, that don't know any better spite our efforts to inform them, who simply choose to go with the flow.

Maybe. Just maybe.

Another shot in the dark is that some of us might actually care about the overall condition of security and privacy as a whole for users in general. If I wouldn't want big corp literally screen shotting my every keystroke and action on my PC in an incredibly insecure database for "convenience" because I can see the obvious hazards just at face value alone, not including the sub surface issues; I can honestly say that I wouldn't wish that upon even my worst enemies.

People deserve a right to privacy and security, whether they understand it or not.

insert shrugging elmo GIF here

Maybe after it followed a very same route as Edge: the Microsoft browser which they actually compiled for Linux as well... Then only if it's Windows 10 or lower, until i get a reliable replacement for 'MSPaint' that no longer cause this behaviour to ever occur again:

Fix once, break many.

Which is probably the only motivation left for people to keep Microsoft "product$" around, for a lack of something that won't just pass. It needs to stick on, like when i evaluate a fresh-new Linux "spin" and find fetish tools ready for use, like 'HardInfo2' that installs from the CLI under AlmaLinux 9.4, if i'm not mistaking:

sudo dnf install euh... vlc, dnfgragora, etc.

But then i vaguely recall there was some slow database update issue with that; it still hurts in my neck... Euh...

In any case Edge would be a winner if i had to convince an elder to try something else for a change, Linux sure has a potential to break boredom - if prepared as that's some steep stairway ahead! The good news being that Linux if moving forward.

;^P

..M'soft.... The software giant also responded to a torrent of negative feedback on a new feature of Redmond’s flagship operating system....CO-PILOT..... that constantly takes screenshots of whatever users are doing on their computers,

That leaves the question.....will it remain enabled on pc & laptops that are already 'out there'...waiting to sell/already sold etc etc.......or will the disabling be taken care of via an update ?

HOW TO DISABLE RECALL

and if the above is a bit too messy for you, try the below

Last edited:
I left Windows for a similar reason, I disabled the keylogger and after some updates I checked if the keylogger was still disabled... and it was enabled... also the option was moved some place else. That was it for me, I don't like anyone playing tricks on me, let alone a big shady corporation.

Updates will enable Windows recall until there will be no disabling as they did with the keyloggers

A paid operating system and they still have the shame of implementing spyware on users (copilot ++). Even if the data stays on the computer you will have to send the data to the copilot to give you a response.

I find that hilarious !! ^^^^.....recalling recall !

"Recall will now shift from a preview experience broadly available for Copilot+ PCs on June 18, 2024, to a preview available first in the Windows Insider Program (WIP) in the coming weeks," Microsoft wrote in a blog post this evening. "Following receiving feedback on Recall from our Windows Insider Community, as we typically do, we plan to make Recall (preview) available for all Copilot+ PCs coming soon."

This wording makes it sound like even Windows Insiders will not gain access to Recall on June 18th, but will have to wait. However, there are ways to try Windows Recall in a preview build today.

Which begs the question..."Do they know what the hell they are doing ???.....methinks they do not.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about this windoze rubbish anymore...I'm free.
1718936004198.gif

1718936023019.jpeg

1718936077769.gif

What about this feature...
1719014645434.jpeg

1719014689121.gif

To change Loretta Lynns song name from “I want to be free” to “I want to be free of bill gates “
Keeps running through my mind as I try to completely divest myself of everything that microtwats has infected my computer with.
PS Bob I want to pinch your emoji you have in your signature.

1719081460724.png

Attachments

• 1719199727525.gif
    1719199727525.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 15
1719200443973.png

Members online