Solved Getting Started I Hope.

Solved issue
My P/W has a mixture of upper and lower case letters does that matter?

You must type your password exactly as you set it.

Bob, he is currently unable to change it.

And he has a password currently that allows him into Mint's desktop, but NOT to make use of as sudo.

Will you PLEASE GIVE ME TIME TO THINK!

@wm460 my focus is on getting you up and running in the best possible way, in the shortest time, you have been more than patient :)

There were deficiencies in both the way the Alice Computer dude installed for you, and the video from the Indian gentleman Bob was good enough to provide, which I did not spot, my bad.

A part of it is to do with
...user userd is not allowed to execute '/usr/sbin/ufw enable' as root on userd-Aspire-TC-1760.

That ""userd-Aspire-TC-1760." should not be an issue, but it is.

I would ask you to think about whether we
  1. "Rinse and repeat", that is, go back into the Advanced Options - Drop to Root Shell method, and work from there OR
  2. Try to show you how to do a complete reinstall from scratch, which will have the added benefit of allowing Linux Mint's installer to do the job and get it right?
You don't have to give us an answer straight away - an install would take less than an hour, probably.

What think you, when you can?

Chris

Try to show you how to do a complete reinstall from scratch, which will have the added benefit of allowing Linux Mint's installer to do the job and get it right?
I concur, this is something I would have done before now.

Which do you recommend?
If you are asking me, its your choice Mint 21. Ubuntu based or Mint LMDE6 are both as easy to install. to give you an idea of what you need to do to install mint [or any other Linux] see my how do I guide [link below]

it is just after 7 am here so i will be around [not all the time] for the next few hours

Did the techie give you a USB stick or DVD with the Mint iso on it, or is it in your Downoads folder in Home?

No I wasn't given any thing, just that it had been installed.

Had a look in the download folder found this and when I clicked on the root folder I get this in second photo.

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    542.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
double-click home and then double-click Downloads

I probably could have said, under My Computer on left, click home, then double-click Downloads

I probably could have said, under My Computer on left, click home, then double-click Downloads
When I do that, open download and I only get stuff that has been downloaded from my emails.

What I found is under file System just above trash in first photo.

Yeah, move up above Trash until you get to Home, and click - then double-click Downloads on the right.

Or was the emails the only content.

Gotcha.

Are you able to use Firefox under current circumstances, and with
When I clicked on the Mint in the download system I found that there are 4 versions, so I guessing the Cinnamon Edition is best one to download?

from page 1 - was that our site's Downloads section or elsewhere?

I will have to disappear for about 1/2 hr at 5 pm.
But will be back.

Members online

Latest posts