Help with apache install. Not sure what's going on, im a NOOB!!!

Everlong

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, installing apache server on a raspberry pi and not sure what is going on. Im new to Linux and i have no clue how to troubleshoot this. This is what pops up when im trying to install apache server on my Raspberry. I did try to uninstall it and install it again and it just repeats. Please help!!
Thank you.

Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "restart" failed.
● apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2023-06-21 18:19:51 EDT; 24ms ago
Docs: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/
Process: 3269 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: no listening sockets available, shutting down
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: AH00015: Unable to open logs
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: Action 'start' failed.
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole apachectl[3269]: The Apache error log may have more information.
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jun 21 18:19:51 deephole systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.

So, let's start with a basic question.

Which Linux are you actually using?

The second question may be a bit more difficult, but what are your actual goals that prompted you to install Apache in the first place?

(Those aren't 'rude' questions, they're questions to help us tailor a response to your needs.)

First I think everyone has moved to just using systemctl, and since your using journalctl I'd say that's one thing that will help. "systemctl start apache2" that's it to start and stop it. Can you post your apache2.conf file so we can see what is commented out and what isn't. It sounds like you got some configurations messed up. I would advise against using the global configuration, it tends to cause more issues than it's worth. I'm guessing your using this as part of your configuration to be able to do things over wan without port forwarding?? If so there's a much easier way. Use ngrok and set up either and an http proxy or a tcp. Then you can build a payload in msfvenom and it should work, provided all else is correct. There's also a site called No-ip you could look into. Apache is not a good choice, it's really picky not easy to use for certain tasks.

Members online