LPIC-1 exam

linux_girl_2004

Reaction score
Credits
Hi there!

I want to get the LPIC-1 certification and I would love to receive advices form you guys.

Also, where I can find uppdated exam tests to practice?

Many thanks!

Hi there!

I want to get the LPIC-1 certification and I would love to receive advices form you guys.

Also, where I can find uppdated exam tests to practice?

Many thanks!
Practice exam examples here:

Good luck with that one. There are others online too.

Last edited:
I'm currently working with Christine Bresnahan's Udemy course, which includes a 229 question practice exam. As they usually have sales, I believe I purchased my course for less than 20 bucks...

Back when I first obtained the LPIC-1 in 2014, I used Testout's course. However, their test questions is currently over 1000 questions - with one test being over 500+ questions, which detracts from its usefulness, in my mind (seriously: no one thought to break down a 500+ question test exam further to accommodate people with lives).

I'll check out the ITExams.com exam that Osprey mentioned - hoping that the site and my Udemy course will work towards that end!

Last edited:
Also have a look here
And this one as well

What books are recommended to study for this cert?
FYI, taking an exam will not increase your knowledge on the long term. It will only increase it on the short term since if you don't do anything with that knowledge afterwards you will forget what you learned. I've taken many exams and a lot of those exams I don't even remember what I did and if I were to get asked today to take the exam again I would fail, so an exam is only a snapshot of that current period you are busy learning for that specific topic.

Last edited:
FYI, taking an exam will not increase your knowledge on the long term. It will only increase it on the short term since if you don't do anything with that knowledge afterwards you will forget what you learned. I've taken many exams and a lot of those exams I don't even remember what I did and if I were to get asked today to take the exam again I would fail, so an exam is only a snapshot of that current period you are busy learning for that specific topic.
Agreed: I have to keep reviewing my test content in order to maintain my knowledge set. It is tedious - but necessary, as I don't currently have a position in the field that I wish to work (Azure Network Engineer, or as a Network Engineer, with a decent amount of Linux familiarity).

Practice exam examples here:

Good luck with that one. There are others online too.
FYI: I tried the site: it is a teaser which gives you a few pages of access - but then pushes you to purchase a subscription (one of them being $500/year).

While I'm not averse to buying subscriptions (I've done so before - and I'll do so again), I'm not fond of their model for persuading someone to purchase them.

Certifications have two good attributes.
  1. They expose you to areas of Linux you may not have.
  2. They are good for the resume and can definitely help land you a job.
With that said. Based on your username, I'm guessing you are around 20 years old. If that's the case, then I would say certification could be a very good deal for the following reasons.
  1. It will expose you to areas of Linux you may not be familiar with.
  2. Having that on your resume can definitely help you land a job.
  3. Getting your first Linux job definitely has the potential to teach you things you might not otherwise learn setting at home playing around with Linux.
The most important thing when learning Linux if you have a professional interest is experience and drive to learn it. No matter how you come across it.

FYI: I tried the site: it is a teaser which gives you a few pages of access - but then pushes you to purchase a subscription (one of them being $500/year).

While I'm not averse to buying subscriptions (I've done so before - and I'll do so again), I'm not fond of their model for persuading someone to purchase them.
Unfortunately, I had to subscribe to the site to get access to a lot of the exam questions. I have a special mail account which I use for such sites and occasions, so I subscribed and there was quite a lot more available ... I haven't exhausted it yet, so I can't say how much, but it may be worth it. YMMV

Members online