Neural Processing Unit (NPU) vs. Linux

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, the new NPU Chips will make a benefit for Windows Recall function. But what will GNU/Linux systems do with these chips? Is there already development happening? What's the path ahead?

Isn't that NPU going to be used by the new "Recall feature" introduced by Windows several weeks back? Are you worried that same type of "feature" is going to be introduced into a Linux distribution?

Isn't that NPU going to be used by the new "Recall feature" introduced by Windows several weeks back? Are you worried that same type of "feature" is going to be introduced into a Linux distribution?
No I don't worry about that, I just wonder, what distros will do with this chip instead

there is already a driver out there for intel NPU chips

I think I got my answer with this links Documentation

"OpenVINO is an open-source toolkit for optimizing and deploying deep learning models from cloud to edge. It accelerates deep learning inference across various use cases, such as generative AI, video, audio, and language with models from popular frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, ONNX, and more. Convert and optimize models, and deploy across a mix of Intel® hardware and environments, on-premises and on-device, in the browser or in the cloud."

FWIW

Neural network

A neural network is a group of interconnected units called neurons that send signals to one another. Neurons can be either biological cells or mathematical models. While individual neurons are simple, many of them together in a network can perform complex tasks. There are two main types of neural network.

• In neuroscience, a biological neural network is a physical structure found in brains and complex nervous systems – a population of nerve cells connected by synapses.

• In machine learning, (pc's and laptops etc) an artificial neural network is a mathematical model used to approximate nonlinear functions. Artificial neural networks are used to solve artificial intelligence problems.

Staff online

Members online