Problems to browsing on Debian Linux

Why not contacting your ISP and tell them to fix your internet, you're paying them but not receiving what's you're paying for.
Probably because ISP's don't do Linux support, only Windows support. Maybe if all the devices on the LAN were acting weird with internet access then there would be a case of the ISP be wanting to look at it but currently what OP is describing is that it's only one device.

but currently what OP is describing is that it's only one device.
Didn't notice mention of that.

In case of issues I would call my ISP despite me using Linux, what ever they would tell me to follow I would simply translate that to Linux equivalent, they wouldn't even know I'm using Linux.

ISP support guy will tell you ping DNS, set DNS, set default gateway, log-in to router and similar things, none of this is rocket science.

In case of issues I would call my ISP despite me using Linux, what ever they would tell me to follow I would simply translate that to Linux equivalent, they wouldn't even know I'm using Linux.
Not every Linux user is able to that or else we wouldn't have so many topics/questions here on the forums ;)

Whatever you do, don't set your DNS to be the same as your default gateway. This tells your computer to ask your ISP for DNS data which makes you vulnerable to DNS spoofing and hijacking. Use DNS over https.

Signed,

Matthew Campbell

Guys, this is happening, I was using the system, browsing, and then, at some moment it stopped browsing, looks like I lost the connection, but it still connected, but not browsing, so what I did, I turned down the interface, and turn it up again, and still not browsing at all, but when I restart the system, it starts browsing normally, I don't know why! Turning down and up the interface doesn't resolve the problem, I even restarted the networking service, and nothing. why is it coming back browsing only when I restart the system? I did restart the router, and nothing happened, just restarting the system seems to resolve the issue! should have a way to come back browsing without the need to restart the system, which services should I restart to resolve this issue without the need to restart? Also, the problem happens on Windows! I already reinstall the Debian

Last edited:
Why not contacting your ISP and tell them to fix your internet, you're paying them but not receiving what's you're paying for.
I did, they replaced the router, but the problem still going on, the problem didn't happen right after the replacement, took one week or so, and then the problem restarted again, this is why I think it is a hacker did, not make any sense, one week is fine and then the issue comes back again.

Last edited:
I did, they replaced the router, but the problem still going on, the problem didn't happen right after the replacement, took one week or so, and then the problem restarted again, this is why I think it is a hacker did, not make any sense, one week is fine and then the issue comes back again.

It doesn't really make sense that a hacker did it. A hacker would want something, either data or computer power. They wouldn't want to alert you to the hacking and make you consider replacing the thing they hacked.

Sounds like faulty wifi card or faulty driver to me.

If it always happens after a certain time after reboot or system startup then it's unlikely for a hacker to be sitting somewhere and
timing their attack after X time of your system startup.

Please share output of:
Bash:
lsusb
sudo lshw -C network
uname -r
lsb_release -a

If lshw is not installed, install it with sudo apt install lshw

Last edited:
Sounds like faulty wifi card or faulty driver to me.

If it always happens after a certain time after reboot or system startup then it's unlikely for a hacker to be sitting somewhere and
timing their attack after X time of your system startup.

Please share output of:
Bash:
lsusb
sudo lshw -C network
uname -r
lsb_release -a

If lshw is not installed, install it with sudo apt install lshw
Bash:
$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 258a:002a SINO WEALTH Gaming KB
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 045e:00cb Microsoft Corp. Basic Optical Mouse v2.0
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

$ lshw
*-network
       description: Ethernet interface
       product: Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 1f.6
       bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.6
       logical name: eno1
       version: 10
       serial: a8:5e:45:1e:a5:62
       size: 1Gbit/s
       capacity: 1Gbit/s
       width: 32 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
       configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=e1000e driverversion=6.1.0-22-amd64 duplex=full firmware=0.4-4 ip=10.0.0.149 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
       resources: irq:122 memory:a3300000-a331ffff

$ uname -r
6.1.0-22-amd64

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
Release:    12
Codename:    bookworm

Last edited:
@luizfernandorg
There is no wifi interface in your output, please connect with your wifi card and then share output of sudo lshw -C network
And also output of lsb_release -a (It appears to be Debian 12)

@luizfernandorg
There is no wifi interface in your output, please connect with your wifi card and then share output of sudo lshw -C network
And also output of lsb_release -a (It appears to be Debian 12)
I don't use wifi on Debian, only cable, and WI-FI I use it only on Windows, because is a wifi adapter for 5G. windows where I also have problems browsing after 30 minutes, The router was replaced with a new one, and the problem only happens on my computer. but when I'm using the TV at night the problem also happens, but when the TV is on during the day, being used by my sister, no problem happens.

Last edited:
OK, it looks fine to me, I have e1000e option in VM so I thought you're using it.

Please run the following 2 lines to rule out missing firmware:

Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository non-free-firmware
sudo apt install firmware-linux

Did anything get installed or did these commands do nothing?

OK, it looks fine to me, I have e1000e option in VM so I thought you're using it.

Please run the following 2 lines to rule out missing firmware:

Bash:
sudo add-apt-repository non-free-firmware
sudo apt install firmware-linux

Did anything get installed or did these commands do nothing?
It did install the firmware, also thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

I understand that a hacker wouldn't show his presence doing this, but I'm having the problem on Windows too, even after the router was replaced, for example, after the replacement, the browsing worked fine for one week. When one day I was using the system for hours, and right at the moment I logged in to my Google account, my system stopped browsing. I needed to be fast to log out from my Google account on my mobile phone to avoid any invasion, the problem also happened the other day when I logged in on Instagram on my computer, I don't trust my network anymore.

Members online