trouble with linux

datnguyen

Reaction score
Credits
from last time i remove kde desktop i seen this i don't know what is that,i click it and definitely it not linux mint:)))i sure i'm not install it
On my lap it have lightdm and gdm3 i don't know two of them have any relationship with that
IMG_20230618_120703.jpg

You are using the Ubuntu version of Linux Mint, as apposed to the Debian version, I'm guessing.

So, I'm guessing, having removed KDE, that there is no backup DE or WM configured; try installing one....

Mint is a fork of Ubuntu, it takes the package repository of Ubuntu and derivates from it (except for Mint Debian Edition)

There are many packages in the system that still have "-ubuntu" on their package name or in the actual contents, and this is just another case where they didn't modify the package to show Mint instead of Ubuntu. You are still using Mint, don't worry

Mint là một nhánh của Ubuntu, nó lấy kho lưu trữ gói của Ubuntu và bắt nguồn từ nó (ngoại trừ Phiên bản Mint Debian)

Có nhiều gói trong hệ thống vẫn có "-ubuntu" trên tên gói hoặc trong nội dung thực tế và đây chỉ là một trường hợp khác khi họ không sửa đổi gói để hiển thị Mint thay vì Ubuntu. Bạn vẫn đang sử dụng Mint, đừng lo lắng
but the desktop in there is very different from mint

but the desktop in there is very different from mint
On any distro, you can install different desktops
Since it says Ubuntu, that desktop option is probably Gnome, but how you have gnome installed I'm not sure....

Do you want to keep that desktop?

On any distro, you can install different desktops
Since it says Ubuntu, that desktop option is probably Gnome, but how you have gnome installed I'm not sure....

Do you want to keep that desktop?
i'm not you know the way remove it i try some way but can't

Members online