Typing Accents

Interista

Credits
I speak French and Italian as well as English and use forums in all three languages. With Windows I was able to use (I forget the correct name) international UK keyboard or something where I could easily put accents etc. I've tried changing the keyboard settings to various English language keyboards (as this is the language I use most, it is the best one for me to have as my keyboard setup and I have no intention of learning AZERTY etc. lol). Is there an easy way to set up the keyboard so I can type with accents etc?

(Note: This question was contained in another thread but the main question asked in that thread was solved so I have marked that thread as solved as I no longer need assistance with the main problem - see here: https://linux.org/threads/firewall-blocks-my-vpn-solved.24992/ - not trying to annoy anyone by asking this in a new thread - just don't want to waste anybody's time by them giving me a solution to a problem I've resolved - thanks for your understanding).

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
G'day @Interista :)

I haven't got an answer for you, myself, on this issue, but I will scout around.

I am moving this Thread to Linux Hardware, as its subtitle is

"Help with getting various hardware working correctly with Linux"

& keyboard issues are commonly dealt with there.

If you get an opportunity, let us know at the other Thread how you solved the firewall problem, it can benefit other Members :)

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz - that's DownUnder

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
BTW - Linux Mint, I take it, but which version and desktop environment?

Condobloke

Credits
Menu....system settings......Keyboard.....Layouts.......+ (add in bottom LH corner)....Choose a layout...under English, there are 'English(US alternative international) or English (US international with dead keys)

Interista

Credits
Thanks both. (I added my solution to the original thread).

Trying with the UK versions of the US versions you suggested - getting some progress though I can't find out how to tail Cs (I know there's a more correct term for this but I'm no grammarian). I'll have a play around because the layout of how to do the accents is different from how it works on Windows and come back if I still can't work out the Cs after a while.

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Good luck, keep us posted, and if someone can help further, they will :)

Interista ... is that a Milan fan?

Cheers

Wizard

Members online